Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quidco cashback + Plusnet Reward Card

pv
Grafter

Quidco cashback + Plusnet Reward Card

Hi,

I signed up for Plusnet Unlimited Fibre yesterday via a Quidco link promising £50 which has tracked. (See attached image)

On the Plusnet landing page the banner showed a £60 reward card along with "In partnership with Quidco". (See attached image)

Will I receive the £50 Quidco and the £60 Reward Card as the images would suggest?

5 REPLIES 5
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Re: Quidco cashback + Plusnet Reward Card

Hi there @pv

Looking at the screenshots provided, you wont get both £50 and £60 cashback. 

The offer is dependent on what package you took out.

In the first image - the screenshot from quidco, it advises of different levels of cashback depending on the package you take out via quidco:

£60 - for regular adsl broadband.

£70 - for unlimited fibre extra.

£50 - for unlimited fibre.

The offer in image 2 - the screenshot from our home page. This offer is slightly better at £60 cashback for unlimited fibre broadband. Taking the offer out via the web site.

If you completed the offer via our home screen in screenshot 2, you will get £60 and not both I'm afraid.

Hope this information helps.

pv
Grafter

@Optimatts wrote:

The offer in image 2 - the screenshot from our home page. This offer is slightly better at £60 cashback for unlimited fibre broadband. Taking the offer out via the web site.

As you can see from my screenshot, the second image is the landing page on your website which says "in partnership with Quidco" along with the £60 Reward Card offer in the banner. This is where I started my order journey through to completion.

Are you saying you won't honour the £60 Reward Card?

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there @pv,  sorry for the confusion.

Both cashback offers are powered via Quidco. It is Quidco (not plusnet) that provide the cashback in both deals.

Looking at the terms of Quidco's cashback, it states 'Cashback rates are subject to change and may increase or decrease at any time' and so it is likely that the cashback deal of £50 on their page has been updated and increased to a £60 offer which is advertised on our website.

Whatever the reason, as Quidco provide both offers, they will only honor one cashback deal. 

As the terms also advise "cannot be used in conjunction with another offer"

If you completed the offer on our home page for £60 cashback, you will get £60. I would advise, if you have any further queries regarding the terms of these offers, to contact Quidco directly.

I hope this information helps.

pv
Grafter

The £60 Reward Card banner is deeply misleading. £50 is currently tracking in Quidco.

You seem to have a bug on your website which sometimes displays the Reward Card banner on the Quidco landing page, and sometimes not. I verified this today by clicking through from Quidco and pressing Ctrl+F5 a few times. Sometimes the Reward Card banner appeared, sometimes it didn't.

Since it's clear now the Reward Card banner is an intermittent error on your website and you are not willing to honour it in conjunction with the Quidco cashback, I think I shall cancel the order. Can you do this for me?

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there @pv,

I'm deeply sorry that you feel this way. however, to reiterate, we do not provide the cashback or the cashback offer. This is wholly arranged, processed and provided by quidco. The deal presented on the home page states the offer is in partnership with Quidco. I'm afraid there is nothing for us to honour.

The page in question where you took the initial screenshot is from this page at Quidco. https://www.quidco.com/plusnet-broadband/

Further below the offers are their terms and conditions.

Within those terms there are the following points:

What will stop me earning cashback?

• If you apply an additional discount that reduces your overall purchase price, this may cause your cashback to be declined or reduced. e.g Voucher codes, student discount, staff discount.
  • If you participate in any other offer/ promotion that is not covered in the retailer Cashback rates.

Good to know

• Cashback is not issued by the merchant. If you have any queries regarding cashback or payments, please contact Quidco Customer Support directly and not the merchant.
  • If you purchase products across multiple cashback rates in one session, the lowest rate will track against the full 'basket' amount.
  •  The cashback offered is only available as shown at the time and the merchant reserves the right to withdraw their offering at any time.
  • Cashback rates are subject to change and may increase or decrease at any time

I must emphasise the point where it states that the cashback is not issued by the merchant (us at plusnet) and any queries must be directed to Quidco customer support and not the merchant.

Sadly we cannot process cancellations via our forums and to discuss this you would need to contact our customer options team directly.

They are contactable on 0800 013 2632 and they are open between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00