cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question [ 195443467 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon

FIXED
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Question [ 195443467 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon

and

9:05am, Wednesday 23 Oct 2019 - Question [ 194387565 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

I contacted your house moves team and arranged transferring my account to a new location on Q 194387565
As expected Openreach connected my phone line and by the end of 22nd October I had a working phone. The router indicated I had not have a broadband connection, I phone up was told I'd have to wait for 24 hours for broadband to be activate. See Q 195379386.

After 24 hours the no broadband light was still present, so I called again as was told there is no order for broadband see Q 195443467 and I was told the order progress would be on hold until Monday morning, it's now Monday afternoon and I would have expected by now for some sort of update on this issue bearing in mind you failed to order the broadband connection when I first contacted you about moving.

Moving to an new home an internet service is very important, I found it necessary to purchase a Mi-Fi hub which cost me £60.

20 REPLIES 20
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Question [ 195443467 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon

Hi @ Dan_the_Van,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear of the delays to your broadband provision, I appreciate the house move orders did not progress as planned. Please accept my apologies for the continued delay.

I've looked into this and have responded here. Your order is being managed by our Provisioning Team however I will ensure this is followed up with you.

If you have any further queries, please let me know.

Thanks - LF

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Re: Question [ 195443467 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon

@LordFoul 

Thank you for your reply, really not impressed with the extended wait for broadband I was expecting both the phone and broadband to go live at the same time.

Plusnet have let a long standing customer down badly.

DtV

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @ Dan_the_Van,

Thanks for getting back to us.

That's acknowledged and apologies again for the delays. I've checked the order today and all seems as is so I'll keep an eye on it to make sure it progresses as advised.

Thanks - LF

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

So, I had a phone call confirming my broadband would be going live 4th November, its now the 5th November, I still do not have broadband.

During Monday 4th November Openreach ADSL checker has changed from

There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 04-Nov-2019

to

There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 08-Nov-2019.

Why?

As previously stated I was expecting both phone and broadband to go live on 22nd October, by 00:01 9th November I would be without a full service for 18 days.

This is very poor service by both you and your 'partners', I would like a full explanation on why this delay has occurred and why when Openreach installed the phone line they didn't also commision the broadband connection. The status of this order has gone beyond an apology.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Dan_the_Van,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear this and apologise sincerely for the ongoing delay, the latest was certainly unexpected.

I have looked into this and requested a reason for this from our suppliers Openreach. I've responded here and will monitor this for you tomorrow. I'm in until 17:30 so if there's no response then I'll pass this on to as colleague to monitor.

Thanks - LF

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Hi @LordFoul
I have been advised by the Openreach engineer he has completed the necessary work in the cabinet. As expected the broadband light indicates the connection is waiting to be enabled which I assume can be a wait up to midnight.

Regards
DtV.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @Dan_the_Van 

From what I can see your broadband order completed at 14:18:55 in the supplier systems. Line tests aren't showing any issues with the phone line although we're unable to run a broadband test due to a temporary issue with the testing system.

If you've not already I'd recommend going through the troubleshooting steps Here as we may need to report a fault to our suppliers and arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

I'm keeping an eye on this from our side and I'll let you know as soon as I'm able to run a test.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Hi @Gandalf 

I have run through the troubleshooting guide, I am now connected to the master socket using a dongle type filter I used in my old house.

b is on solid red, connection led above orange

Regards

Dan

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Dan,

The good news is that the testing system is back up and your broadband is staying connected to the equipment at the cabinet, however your router is trying to connect into our network using the automatic setup username setup@plusdsl.net which likely won't work as you've got a Free-Online account from the days long gone. 

Could you follow the below instructions to reconfigure your router please?

1. Open an internet browser and type http://192.168.1.254 into the address bar
2. Press the 'Enter' or 'Return' key
3. Click on 'Advanced Settings'
4. Enter the admin password, which is on the back of the router
5. Click on 'OK'
6. Click on 'Continue to Advanced Settings'
7. Click on 'Broadband'
8. Click on 'Disconnect' if necessary
9. Enter your broadband username, which is in the format of username@freeonline.net
10. Enter your broadband password, which is your account password
11. Click on 'Connect'

Let me know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

This has not fixed the issue, I changed the password as well.

After a restart from a router reset the blue light does come on, but once the router login as my free-online account b goes red connection led goes orange. I am trying another reset with the new password

Dan

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Odd as the last connection attempt we're seeing into the BT network is using 'SETUP@PLUSDSL.NET' at 17:48:19. I wouldn't factory reset your router as it appears the hardware management system isn't giving your router the right realm i.e. @plusdsl.net as opposed to freeonline.net

Let us know how it goes once you've manually changed the username in the router settings and tried the new password.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Still the same, as soon as I attempt to logon using my freeonline.net account name the b led goes a solid red.
Dan
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Hi @Gandalf @LordFoul 

So I switched the router off for 10 minutes and it has now working as it should do. I appear to have lost the static IP address I had before, can you please confirm I should still have a static address as I would like it back without paying again, preferably the one I used to have. I know what it was.

This house move as not gone very well and caused me much unnecessary frustration and extra expense for a mi-fi router. I look forward to a root cause analysis on what went wrong and why I did not go live for both the phone and broadband on the 22nd October.

Dan.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I’m happy to see you’re back online now. Let me review this and see what we can do to get your static IP back and offer a goodwill gesture when I’m back in the office tomorrow. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet