Did you mean: 

Provisioning have screwed my order and downgraded my service

FIXED
bigsimes
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Provisioning have screwed my order and downgraded my service

Bit of a rant really!

I was on the Fibre Unlimited Extra package, but could never get above 30mbps download although I got decent upload speed. As I was due a renewal I decided I didn't need to pay the extra, so agreed to 'downgrade' to fibre unlimited (40/10) which would still be more than I could physically get.

Apparently yesterday was change over date, even had an email to confirm service was as requested and all was good, but oddly around 8am my internet connection was lost. After doing some trouble shooting I logged a call with support who did checks but found they couldn't complete the line checks. So I was left with having leaving the Plus1 hub connected to the master socket test port whilst checks were. This meant I had no internet all day.

This morning I received an email saying all was working and now running on ADSL. ????

No wonder my fibre modem stopped working, someone didn't read the change notice of moving me from fibre unlimited extra to fibre unlimited and for whatever reason pushed me onto a lowly ADSL link!

After having raised this with support, provisioning have put in a request to move me back to fibre unlimited, but its going to take 10 working days to fix. 

As I work from home, this is massively inconvenient and impacting on my productivity.

Not a happy bunny!

19 REPLIES 19
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Provisioning have screwed my order and downgraded my service

Hi @bigsimes, thanks for getting in contact.

I am very sorry to hear of the poor experience you have had and inconvenience this has caused. As my response contains specific account information, I have updated the open support ticket on the account for you with details of the order. You can view this here

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
bigsimes
Grafter

Thanks @abails0105, I have read the response.

I'm just cross that due to someone's incompetence I have a much reduced service and have to wait for it to be rectified. This is impacting me, the customer.

I'll just have to 'sit tight' and wait. I notice from other threads, that this isn't the first time this has happened.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for your reply @bigsimes. I do apologise for the issues you've had and appreciate the frustration this would cause.

We will let you know once the order is complete, and as mentioned on the open support ticket on your account look into a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience.

Let us know if you need any further help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
bigsimes
Grafter

@abails0105

I can see the service has transferred back to fibre. The adsl modem stopped and plugging and configuring my fibre equipment is working.

The speeds are dreadful at the moment which I assume is the circuit settling down?

Thanks

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @bigsimes,

Thank you for getting back in touch, I'm sorry to hear that your speeds are still poor. I've checked and the fibre order isn't yet showing as completed on our supplier's system, which will be why you're still receiving ADSL broadband speeds at the moment.

This order should fully complete by midnight today at the latest. Please let us know whether your speed increases after this. If so, we will arrange a pro-rata refund of your broadband subscription charges for the period of time that you've not been receiving fibre broadband and can also look into a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience that this issue has caused. If your speeds are still poor we will investigate this further for you.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
bigsimes
Grafter

@EmilyD

Thank you for the update. Still seeing slow speeds. Will wait until the morning and check to see if there is any improvement.

Kind regards

bigsimes
Grafter

@EmilyD @abails0105

Still no improvement I'm afraid. Still getting ADSL level speeds. Sad

Have uploaded BT speed test screen shots.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @bigsimes,

I'm sorry to see that you're still receiving poor speeds.  I have checked the fibre order and can confirm that this has now fully completed. Testing your line shows it's currently syncing at 33.5mbps, however, your connection profile hadn't automatically increased back to where it should be and looks to have been limiting the speed that you're able to achieve on your side. I've adjusted this now. Please reboot your router and your speed should increase right away.

If your speeds are still poor after you've rebooted your router please can you run through our troubleshooting guides here and let us know whether or not this resolves the problem.

For reference, today's test result is as follows:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEU22657923

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 33.5 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 797.5
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-07-18T09:15:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 33.4 Mbps 33.4 Mbps 33.4 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps 9.9 Mbps
Up Time 899.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.8 Sec
Retrains 0.0 0.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-07-19T09:07:09Z 2018-07-19T09:22:09Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
bigsimes
Grafter

@EmilyD

Many thanks. Speeds are improved. Slightly all over at the moment, but I expect that is the service settling down after the change. Have to go out to a meeting, and will check back in later this afternoon. 

Hopefully all is good now!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear your speeds have improved. Let us know if things are still intermittent when you get back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bigsimes
Grafter

@Gandalf @EmilyD

Hi its sat at around 20mpbs for download, which is right at the bottom of the acceptable scale for the BT tests. In theory I should be able to get 32mbps and certainly 30mpbs should be the norm.

I'll check again later and tomorrow morning to see if it settles down.

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Line tests are showing your router in sync at 33.5mbps and there aren't any issues we can see which may impact your speeds.

Are you testing using a wired or wireless connection?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bigsimes
Grafter

@Gandalf

Hi. I'm using a wireless link, but the internal network is 802.11ac and running much quicker than the VDSL link.

At the moment it seems to stable at 28mpbs which seems to be the norm now. Will check again, but I think thats the best we gonna get.

Thanks for your help!

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @bigsimes,

Thanks for confirming that. Once you've checked again via a wired connection please let us know what speeds you're receiving form your end of things so we can investigate further.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team