cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change to Fibre complete but no change over details?

amazoph

Product change to Fibre complete but no change over details?

Hello,

I placed an order to upgrade to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre last week after learning it was now available in my area.

I've been informed by email my product change is now complete but I have not been sent any information on when my service will actually be switched over from ADSL or when I will receive a new modem? On my account summary it just shows that there is a complete order for 'Unlimited Fibre Broadband' with no links to any further information.

I can see also that my new contract term has started even though I'm not getting fibre service yet, does this mean I'm now paying the rate for Unlimited Fibre even though my line is still on ADSL?

3 REPLIES 3
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Product change to Fibre complete but no change over details?

Hi there, welcome to the community forums.

I am sorry to hear your service hasn't upgraded. I've looked into your account and I can see your order wasn't placed automatically with our suppliers. I have now placed the order and I've opened a ticket on your account to monitor.

We will confirm the fibre activation date within the next few days. I've ordered your new router now which you should receive this week. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
amazoph

Well, Plusnet's service has certainly gone downhill...

Let me update on what has gone on since my fibre order *actually* got submitted.

On the 3rd of April I was merrily checking the questions wizard to check the status of my order. I noticed that for some reason my address was amended from the correct house number to another one in the street for no reason I could discern. I submitted a request via the ticket system to have this changed back however I don't believe anyone has seen it. To top it off I spent a few evenings checking to see if chat support could help me solve it only to find they were unavailable each and every time.

So, obviously, my new router got dispatched to the wrong address... not a great start. I was lucky enough that my neighbours had held onto the parcel long enough for me to collect it, that may not have been the case.

Moving on to the fibre activation itself, I was informed by ticket and email that this would be on the 10th (today). Sure enough when I got back this evening I had lost DSL service so I duly swapped in the new Plusnet Hub one (completely bypassing my existing high spec Ubiquiti router thanks to the lack of bridge mode on the Hub one) and waited for it to boot up. After starting up and checking the router settings to confirm connectivity I discovered that I could not reach any external website other than Plusnet's support page... 

Looking at the settings on the new router I could see that it was using the default 'setup@plus.net' login which might explain my inability to use the Internet. Given how tightly the Hub one is locked down though, there was no way for me to change this myself. The next obvious step seemed to be to reboot the router, no dice, still no Internet access.

Faced with a 50 minute wait on the phone support queue (gee I wonder why) I figured that there was not much else that could go wrong and dug out an old BT Infinity modem I had been tinkering on some time ago and was in dubious condition. Thankfully it fired up without a hint of smoke and I was able to connect it to my existing Ubiquiti router using the previous bridge mode setup I had. I doubt other customers would be likely to have many spare modems or routers lying around that would work instantly.

Suffice to say this has been the most troublesome broadband change I have had to deal with in some time and seriously dents my faith in Plusnet. 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@amazoph wrote:

On the 3rd of April I was merrily checking the questions wizard to check the status of my order. I noticed that for some reason my address was amended from the correct house number to another one in the street for no reason I could discern. I submitted a request via the ticket system to have this changed back however I don't believe anyone has seen it. To top it off I spent a few evenings checking to see if chat support could help me solve it only to find they were unavailable each and every time.

So, obviously, my new router got dispatched to the wrong address... not a great start. I was lucky enough that my neighbours had held onto the parcel long enough for me to collect it, that may not have been the case.

I am sorry that your router was ordered to the wrong address. I've updated your address via our systems now for any future postal correspondence. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Looking at the settings on the new router I could see that it was using the default 'setup@plus.net' login which might explain my inability to use the Internet. Given how tightly the Hub one is locked down though, there was no way for me to change this myself. The next obvious step seemed to be to reboot the router, no dice, still no Internet access.

You'll be able to change the broadband username from the setup one, from going through the Advanced Settings and just hitting disconnect if the status shows the connection as connected using setup@plusdsl.net

Happy to hear you are back up and running, and I am really sorry for the rocky start to your fibre service. If have any further questions or problems please do let me know.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button