Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change to Fibre - awaiting details

FIXED
tavyuser17
Dabbler

Product change to Fibre - awaiting details

Hi

Yesterday I upgraded from Plusnet Unlimited (ADSL2) to Fibre Unlimited via the Product Change tool in my members area. I have chosen to keep my existing own router which is VDSL2 compatible.

I haven't received any confirmation or communication yet - can any other users who have been through the process before help me with the following questions please?

Is this expected and I should just be patient?

Presumably I'll receive an email telling me the go live date?

Is there any downtime during the upgrade?

Will plusnet also send me an email with the new VDSL connection settings to enter into my router?

Many thanks

Sam

16 REPLIES 16
TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Re: Product change to Fibre - awaiting details

Hi Sam, I'm showing that an Email was sent to you at 8.13pm last night confirming what is happening, can you check your inbox, and junk inbox just in case.

tavyuser17
Dabbler

Hi Tony

Thanks, I have found that email - it advises my call plan will be changed to "Plusnet Weekends" on 1st June, but doesn't mention the broadband upgrade.

Sam

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I experienced approximately 15 minutes of down time.

For connection settings visit https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/ and click

'What Settings should I use for Fibre Broadband?'

PS See what tickets are on your account regarding the product change

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
tavyuser17
Dabbler

Thanks Strat, if I get just 15 mins downtime I'd be happy.

Connection settings - cheers, printed.

I don't have any open tickets or questions yet, so I guess I'm just waiting for someone at plusnet to progress things.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

Apologies for the lack of communication on confirming the broadband upgrade date. I can confirm this is also due to complete on 01/06/17.

If you receive notification that the broadband package has changed before this date, please disregard this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tavyuser17
Dabbler

Great, thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Sam.

Just popping by to check on your order. Everything's looking good, and still in progress for the 1st June.

You'll receive an automated email notification in the early hours of the morning advising your product change is complete, but I'd expect the actual work to be carried out during normal business hours.

Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tavyuser17
Dabbler

Many thanks for the update
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems, if there's absolutely anything else we can help with just let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tavyuser17
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf

I received an email from Plusnet this morning: Your broadband product change is now complete.

However my ADSL is still working so I haven't yet reconfigured my 3rd party modem router for VDSL.

Will the ADSL stop working when the Fibre is made live? When is this likely to be?

Many thanks

Sam

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Will the ADSL stop working when the Fibre is made live?

Yes.

When is this likely to be?

anytime up to about 18:00

Most routers will auto detect the change but you will need to have configured the VDSL VLAN ID to 101 somewhere I guess. The PPPoE username/password is the same for VDSL & ADSL so that shouldn't need changing.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Sam,

Just to add to MisterW's response, you should receive another email once the order completes. It'll say something like "Your upload speed has changed". Whilst I'd expect it to complete by about 6pm, it can take anytime by midnight.

Having said that, once your ADSL goes off, that's usually a good indication that the fibre work will follow shortly.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tavyuser17
Dabbler

Great, thank you

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

No problem @tavyuser17, let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet