Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Change, no router and no Openreach order

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Product Change, no router and no Openreach order

Hi I upgraded to Fibre last week and had an email that said I could expect this to happen yesterday 30th March. I've had the P&P for the router charged to my credit card but I have not had it delivered. I have not heard from openreach about a new date and there is no mention of the order on the BT ADSL checker. The plusnet ticket says they have not heard back from BT yet, but it looks like BT are yet to receive the order.

Please can I have a bit of info about the dates for the router and the BT order to make the switch? I completely appreciate that things will be delayed but it would help to know the likely timescale.

4 REPLIES 4
the_groundsman
Rising Star

Re: Product Change, no router and no Openreach order

I ended up having to phone customer services to get this sorted out. Just wanted to say how helpful and courteous the 2 people I spoke to were. The wait was quite long so the people in the contact centre are clearly extremely busy. Thanks a lot for your help.

kidgorgeous
Grafter

Can i ask what needed to be sorted out? I'm in the same position as yourself, upgrading to fibre and the same change over date.  I was happy to wait but from what you have said nothing will happen without a call to plusnet?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

the_groundsman
Rising Star

I upgraded via the plusnet website on 23rd March and the whole process (order and bill for router, dispatch router, and place order with BT)  should be automated. It seems that for me at least the automation didn't work for some reason. The person I spoke with did it manually and I quickly got a text to say router was ordered. About an hour later another text to say the router was in the mail. I then checked https://my.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker which shows that BT are planning to do my switch next tuesday 7th April.

Hope you get yours sorted.

kidgorgeous
Grafter

thanks for the reply.

So looks as if same thing has happened to me. Had no text to say router was ordered or on it's way.

Would one of the staff on this forum let me know if they can trigger whatever process should of happened to send router

and inform BT of fibre upgrade.  Or do i need to phone customer services.

Thanks in advance.