cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with order

B1094

Problems with order

Order placed 22nd April to transfer broadband from sky to plusnet. Informed that my switch date was Monday 7th May. By Friday 4th May I had not received the router so chased this up, as I said it would now not arrive in time for the 7th with it being a bank holiday, so would be without internet for at least a day. I was assured at this point there was no issue with the broadband and it would be all up and running, with my router arriving on Tuesday 8th.

My internet was then cut off on Tuesday and I have had nothing since. I have spent 3 hours on the phone (mostly on hold) trying to get hold of plus net advisors from Tuesday 8th to Friday 11th May. I have been given numerous stories including that bt didn’t realise Monday 8th was a bank holiday, then that they didn’t know why it wasn’t activated and also that staff would call me back, which they never did. By Thursday I was told there was a block in the system and they couldn’t release the order so had to cancel and start again. I was advised that this would be at least a two week wait to get the broadband activated. I had to chase again on Friday to get the order placed again. I am still waiting to find out whether the order has been successful and when I will have a new line. A two week wait when I am not with sky to be cut off from is absolutely ridiculous!

I never would have imagined plusnet would cause me so much stress, especially considering their boasting on adverts of how they are number one for customer service.

It is now too late to cancel my order as it will be more hassle to move to another provider, with no line. Who knows when plusnet will get my internet up and running!

Has anyone else had any similar issues?

And plusnet, when is this going to be sorted? I tried calling again this morning at an “off peak” time. However I couldn’t spend another 30 minutes on hold to get no answers!

For anyone thinking of joining plusnet, I would strongly advise you to AVOID. I was wrong in thinking you could get a good price and good customer service. I wish I had stuck with sky, and that is saying something considering the prices they charge!
6 REPLIES 6
B1094

Re: Problems with order

Also, does anyone have details of where I can take this matter further? Perhaps the CEO?
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Complaints code of practice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Topic moved from Broadband to My Order.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your order.

Unfortunately as we placed the order with our suppliers to complete on a bank holiday the 7th May (Early May bank holiday), the request to import your number was rejected, but this didn't reject the entire order at the outset.

The other systems that deal with allocating an engineer to complete the physical work went ahead as planned ultimately leaving you without service.

To fix this, we've had to cancel the order and need to re-order the service (Which I've done now).

As there's no records of a recently stopped line at your address, I've had to place an order to install a new line, but it's obvious that there is a recently stopped line.

So once the order is confirmed by our suppliers, I'll request it's expedited for the earliest date possible. When this is completed, we'll also try our best to renumber your line back to the number you had before.

I've put your ticket 173971626 into my teams workflow so we can keep you updated proactively.

You may receive automated e-mails about an appointment date before you hear from us next, but I'd ignore them as I'm going to ask our suppliers to remove the appointment as I don't think we'd need access to your property.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
B1094

Can someone care to explain what on earth is going on with my order now? I was promised a few days ago that you would expedite my order and the earliest you could get my broadband up and running was this Friday 18 May, which you would do. I have since waited patiently, only to receive 2 emails this morning that 1) my home phone order has now been cancelled and 2) my order can’t be expedited and it will now be 24 May.

What exactly is going on with plusnet and why is this still such a mess?? I feel as though this is going to continue indefinitely and I will never receive internet connection again.

You can treat my message on here as an official complaint. If I do not hear back by the end of the day that my broadband will be working tomorow as promised, I will be referring this plus my log of all of my phone calls and interactions with plusnet to the financial ombudsman. The amount of emotional distress plus net has caused me is ridiculous, and just keeps coming.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Unfortunately it looks like our suppliers can't expedite your order.

I can see it's due to complete tomorrow at any point up to midnight.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet