cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with new contract

hope
Hooked

Problems with new contract

My current broadband contract ends 30th October and I phoned Plusnet on the 21st to renew. The person I spoke to implied there were unexplained issues he couldn't deal with on my account that prevented him from handling the matter and he promised a colleague would phone me back later that day on my landline and sort it out. I waited in all day, despite needing to go out on a couple of occasions, but nobody phoned me back. I tried again the next day and this time there didn't seem to be any problems - at least, none that the person I spoke to told me about. I renewed my broadband contract and upgraded to the newly available fibre-to-exchange option. I was assured that a new router would be sent to me and that there was nothing else I need do.

On 26th October I decided to phone Plusnet to enquire about progress, as experience has unfortunately taught me to expect problems. It was as well I did. Apparently, the new order was not being processed and no router had been dispatched. The person I spoke to could not explain what was wrong - just that my account was flagging up an unspecified issue that was blocking any action - and again she couldn't deal with it without help. She promised to get back to me later that day with answers but this never happened. Instead, I received an email at 5.45 pm from someone who claimed to have tried several times to phone me 'to get the new account set up', even though the phone rang only once and for such a short time nobody could reach it before it rang off. The email asked me to phone back to sort it out. Oh joy.

Nobody had previously mentioned setting up a new account and I don't know whether this has anything to do with the mysterious issue plaguing my account. If upgrading to fibre requires a new account then I wonder why this wasn't mentioned or organised when I renewed my contract. Perhaps changing my account is the only way to get rid of the mysterious issue: my present account was set up do get rid of an earlier issue last autumn. There seem to be a lot of issues about.

I've tried several times today to contact Plusnet as requested but the phone lines are so busy I'm not even put on hold, simply told that Customer Services are unavailable due to high call volumes. Clearly, I'm not going to get my new fibre package up and running by the expiry of my current contract. The last person I spoke to couldn't promise me that my broadband wouldn't be cut off in such an event and no doubt I'll be billed for fibre from the end of this month rather from when - if ever - I get it and will have to engage in the dubious pleasure of trying to phone Plusnet on further occasions to sort that out too.

Renewing my contract has so far involved 4 separate calls (and a great deal of waiting on hold) to Plusnet and as far as I can determine nothing has actually happened. It would be really nice if someone would just sort out whatever the problem is and let me know when it is done. Some instructions about when and how to install the new router would be helpful too. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Problems with new contract

@hope 

If your contract is coming to an end so you are free to move on and Plusnet can't be bothered to help you renew it then it seems to me that there is one obvious course of action that will solve the problem.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

hope
Hooked

In the past I've found that Plusnet staff were willing to help here when other options seemed hopeless but the silence here today isn't encouraging. Customer services remains unavailable. Just wondering whose calls they are dealing with if nobody can get through. 

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi there @hope I am sorry to hear about all of this. I understand that your account is one of the few which broke due to a billing system error, I understand this has been sorted since your call yesterday. If not, please give me a nudge here so I can get someone to give you a call. 

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team