cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with incorrect details on BTO DSL checker

ashleyjohnhill

Problems with incorrect details on BTO DSL checker

I recently moved from TalkTalk to PlusNet as the website where I placed my order let me order Fibre unlimited. Using my postcode I managed to confirm I am connected to Cabinet 19 on the Westwood exchange in Cheshire and FTTC is available but there's a waiting list due to it being over subscribed.

Once my line had been moved over to PlusNet my broadband should have activated shortly after, however this was not the case, in fact my line was completely dead. The order tracker on the website confirmed the fibre order had completed so following a conversation with support I was told once the line issue had been resolved I would be good to go.

BTO came and fixed the problem with the line but then said there was a problem with the routing and it needs to be resolved, he also said there was no fibre broadband on my line. PlusNet then confirmed that they had activated ADSL and would put a modify order in to get my on fibre. Following a further call the provisioning team said my cabinet was at capacity and they would put me on the waiting list which I would be more than happy with.

Further to my disappointment, PlusNet then came back to me a few minutes later and said your cabinet is not fibre enabled. I then checked my phone number since the repair work has taken place and it still says I am on Cabinet 19 on the Westwood exchange but now FTTC is not listed. It also says my line is capable of 17mb which I know is not true where the address reports correctly its capable of 5mb and FTTC is enabled in cabinet 19. I assume the BTO records are now incorrect since the BTO engineer came out to repair the line.

Is there a way to query this with BTO?

Overall I would say PlusNet support have been excellent but they can only work the information supplied by BT Openreach, I am relying heavily on PlusNet to resolve this as an end customer I have no say with BT Openreach.

Thanks,

Ashley Hill

11 REPLIES 11
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Problems with incorrect details on BTO DSL checker

Hi @ashleyjohnhill,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Sometimes BTw records are a bit of a shambles.  It is likely to take a bit of digging to sort this one out - @Darkfire might be able to poke this one.

There is some possibility that what ever cabinet you are connected to, might have temporary non-availability for fibre, due to all current resources being utilised.  In many cases it is simply a matter of adding more line cards to the cabinet, however if the cabinet is full.....  In your case, if you had fibre with Talk Talk, one might hope that the assets which provided your service with them could / were retained (taken over) for your service with PlusNET, however that might be expecting a lot from BT.

From the exchange to your home, all suppliers use the same BT Openreach infrastructure be that for fibre or ADSL.  It is only within the exchange that LLU providers use different assets than those used by BT WBC resellers such as PlusNET and BT Retail.

If you had a working fibre service fromTalk Talk, then there is no logical reason why that could not have been transferred by BTOR over to PlusNET, however 'logic' and 'btor' never fit well together in the same sentence.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi Ashley, 

Sorry about the issues you've had with this, I can see what you mean in regards to the address showing Fibre but not the phone number, this could mean many things but usually is a records issue.

I will get this raised with BTO and BTW so we can get the records checked and ensure the correct information is available, once I hear back I'll get in touch via your account.

Thanks @Townman for the heads up on this Smiley

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just checked with BTW and they have advised their records do not match the Openreach records and they are going to align them to show the correct information, this generally takes a few days but I'll let you know once I know more

ashleyjohnhill

Excellent news thanks Darkfire, again I can't complain about the level of customer service I have received from PlusNet compared to other providers.

Thanks,

Ashley Hill

ashleyjohnhill

Hi Paul,

Looks like the records are still incorrect has there been any update from your side?

Thanks,

Ash

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ash Smiley 

I'm off for today so sadly won't be able to say for sure, but I'm in at 9AM tomorrow so will take a look at what's going on, it's not unusual for these things to take around a week in some cases depending which records are actually causing the issues, expect an update from me by half 9 at the latest

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I've checked this for you and despite someone closing the ticket on your account stating the TAGS Query is resolved (I've passed feedback on regarding this) the matter is still in hand with our suppliers.

It can take up to 5 working days for our suppliers to update this, so we should hopefully have some better news by the end of the week Wink

Just for transparency, here is the response we got on the 19th when Paul raised this:

TAGS Query response:
Please be advised that we have raised the request with the suppliers as the FTTC Speed are missing on this number due to which the records are not updated for the concerned DN . We have raised an issue with TAGS Resolution Team asking to investigate and update the FTTC Marker on the Line. This can take up to 5 Working Days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Looks like we've now had a further response on the TAGS Query but it doesn't sound good:

TAGS Query response:

Please be advised that we have checked the records and found that your cabinet is enabled for Superfast fibre however you're not able to order fibre just yet. This is because the length of the line is too long to get Superfast speeds due to which you cannot place a FTTC order. There is no tags issue on the line. Hence closing the tags query. Thank you.

I'm not 100% confident with the response they've given, so I'm going to try via another method to see if I can get any better answers. I'll leave an update via the ticket shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ashleyjohnhill

I'm slowly beginning to lose patience with BT Openreach. I've had a complete nightmare with my order from the start with PlusNet which all appear to be BT Openreach issues. Would it be possible to order a new telephone line from PlusNet even if I have to pay for installation myself then transfer the broadband over to this and cancel the old line? At least then the routing may have half a chance of being correct.

Thanks,
Ash
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies for the lack of updates on the ticket so far. I did have a look over it briefly today for an update and plan on sending a chaser email tomorrow if I've still not had anything back from them.

It's possible installing a new line could end up being a waste of time and money for you and us in all honesty as I've seen that happen before and the new line has ended up following the routing of the existing line and not making any difference.

Hopefully there'll be some progress soon and I'll have some updates to provide over tomorrow/Friday.

Thanks for your patience.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Not really an 'update' as such, however I've received the following email from the Fibre Enquiries Team.

Dear Harry,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us again .

We still are looking in this case as we haven’t got any update on this .

We will get back to you as soon as we receive required information from these teams.

It is difficult to advise exact timescale at this moment and we appreciate your valuable patience during this period.

Regards,
Fibre Enquiries Team

I'll continue to monitor this and let you know once I have more information from them.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet