cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems transferring from John Lewis

Pete-87
Dabbler

Problems transferring from John Lewis

It seems like the problem I am having is not a new one, this is my current situation on the attached pdf.

I would love your comments.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed from attachment (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information in attachment removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

20 REPLIES 20
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Problems transferring from John Lewis

Thank you for your continued patience @Pete-87.

I'm really sorry for the issues you have encountered and we have updated you via ticket here

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you.

Pete-87
Dabbler

well you updated me via your 'ticket', in which you apologised and informed me that due to technical issues my account needed to be cancelled and a refund of my upfront payment of £197.88 needed to be refunded.

I contacted your customer options team as requested and was told they would close the account and issue a refund to my credit card, silly of me but I believed the young lady.

silly, because five days later, no refund has appeared, this is getting beyond a joke, one that has dragged on for 6 and a half weeks.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I can see a request for the refund was passed over to our billing team on the 19th. We're usually able to issue a refund within 21 days of the request having been made so you should hear back from us about that soon.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Pete-87
Dabbler

This diabolical plot thickens!

Could you explain why my John Lewis phone line and broadband are not working today? is it possible you have cancelled my service with John Lewis and not the proposed new Plusnet one. 

I didnt think it could get worse but it seems you have managed it.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Pete-87,

I'm really sorry to read about the issues you have encountered.

I tried contacting you on your mobile phone and it stated your Virgin Mobile was switched off.

Can you please let us know your preferred number for contact and the best time to reach you?

We would like to arrange a call back to discuss your accounts in full.

Thank you.

Pete-87
Dabbler

My mobile appears switched off as I am currently in france with a poor mobile signal, I can be contacted though on a french landline :  [Removed]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Pete-87
Dabbler

You said you wished to arrange a call back, I have supplied the number I can be reached on, please call as soon as possible.

or at least say when you are going to call?

alternatively provide me with a direct landline number ( starting with 01 ) that would allow me to call you and bypass the endless queue.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Pete-87,

I'm afraid the number you provided has been removed from the Forum and public eye due to being personal information. We are unable to provide a contact number which excludes the wait therefore, I have created a ticket on your account which you can access by logging in here.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Pete-87
Dabbler

Please read 

Question #182389798

I do not want other tickets generating while there is a current one ongoing

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi again @Pete-87,

I have replied to ticket:182389798, my apologies for not keeping this streamline.

Thank you.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Pete-87
Dabbler

latest installments from the above 'ticket'

Lewis Goodinson - CSC Analyst
4:01pm, Wednesday 24 Oct 2018
Dear Mr Hxxxxxx

Thanks for contacting us via our Community Forum.

I assure you that we are not placing any responsibility of this issue on you. This issue is due to an error on our behalf, as when this request was received a manual order was placed to cease the telephone number associated with your John-Lewis account. We will still leave the refund to go ahead however, a new account is required. When this new account is set up, all activation fees will be waived including the first month of line rental and broadband service.

If you are happy to proceed, please provide the best time to contact you with the number you would need to be contacted on so we can arrange a call back or call our sales team as there is currently no waiting time directly on 0800 432 0080 and quote this ticket number: 182389798.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online here or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

and so 

Your Response
6:45pm, Wednesday 24 Oct 2018
well....... I thought I'll give it one last go, so I rang the 0800 above spent 10 minutes explaining the saga above, got cut off!!,
tried again, went through the process again with another member of your sales team, he then told me that all of this was beyond his remit and he didn't have the authority or access to continue? so said he needed to put me through to your provisioning team, as they were the only people able to proceed with this? 
When he mentioned a 20 minute wait plus the prospect of repeating all this again, I lost the will to live and said good evening.
I am completely gobsmacked at the inability of anyone at Plusnet to take ownership of a problem and deal with it, you are masters of passing the buck. 
Do any of you management team review these files? or is it a company policy to treat customers in this manner.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @Pete-87

I sincerely apologise for how this matter has been handled so far and I am sorry for the lack of support you have received from us regarding this. I have left a comment  for your attention on the ticket on your account, you can view this here

Kind regards,

Pete-87
Dabbler

This was your response on my  'ticket'
[CSA Removed]- CSC Analyst
2:04pm, Thursday 25 Oct 2018
Dear Mr Hxxxxxx

I am sorry for the lack of support you have received so far in regards to this matter.

It is the Sales department that you would need to speak to create a new account. I am happy to arrange for them to call you.
This way I can update the advisor directly on this issue and what needs to be done to resolve it.

If you are happy for me to arrange this please get back to me with your availability for this call within the next 24-48 hours.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

Sunday 28/10

Sorry but I find myself no longer able to trust what you say, at every turn your answer is that I have to do something, to contact someone else, to speak to another department, 

enough is enough..

all that has happened since initiating this order on the 6th September is;-

You took my £197.88...
you cancelled my existing contract with John Lewis after saying that you could not fulfill this order, losing me my phone line and number I've had for years,
as yet I have not seen a penny refunded from you or John Lewis (also Plusnet I now know) for the direct debit I continued to pay during this period.
put me in a position where I will now have to pay for the re-connection of the phone line. As the disconnection was totally your fault, as admitted previously, dont you feel any moral obligation to pay this charge on top of refunding (hopefully) all the monies you owe me?Huh

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Pete-87

Sorry but I find myself no longer able to trust what you say, at every turn your answer is that I have to do something, to contact someone else, to speak to another department

Completely understandable in the circumstances. I would however suggest that you give it one last chance and let @Satss arrange the call from Sales. That way Satta can ensure that the sales agent is fully briefed on the case BEFORE they call you and understands what is necessary to resolve the situation, rather than coming to the case cold if you call in.

As the disconnection was totally your fault, as admitted previously, dont you feel any moral obligation to pay this charge on top of refunding (hopefully) all the monies you owe me?

I thought that had already been agreed in an earlier response from the CSC

When this new account is set up, all activation fees will be waived including the first month of line rental and broadband service.

@Satss Is that not the case ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.