cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem progressing Fibre broadband, poor service not what a new customer expects!

mtx512pnc

Problem progressing Fibre broadband, poor service not what a new customer expects!

I placed an order for Fibre BB only on 9th Feb, in the on-line application I indicated my current provided was SKY (adsl) and that I wanted to start the order on the 1st March as the SKY BB will cease on that day.

I received the question 143654208 which stated:

Dear Mr Mxxxx,

The order to provide you fibre has been rejected by Openreach, claiming there was already an order in place to take over the broadband on the phone line.

Could you let us know if any other provider is also trying to install the service? if not we may have to go back to Openreach and point out there system is wrong.

I spoke with Kasim over online chat today to explain the SKY BB is ceasing on the 1st March and I had stated on the application for the Fibre BB to start then. I was told than the line can't be provision until the 1st and the order has been cancelled. I explained  what is the point stating details on the on-line application form if they aren't read or used by Plusnet.

Based on the above am I supposed to be without BB for 10+ days because nothing can happen before the 1st. If the answer is yes then can you explain why this wasn't highlighted earlier in the process to me as a new customer? Its not as though the information wasn't provided to Plusnet.

Sent a note to the CEO (Andy Baker) to vent my frustration.