cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postcode does not match my address

FIXED
lost1

Postcode does not match my address

I’m moving from Sky fibre and would like to know if anyone else has had this problem.

This is a problem I ONLY seem to get with BT and PlusNet, my postcode comes up with a different address on their systems, and I have lived at the same address for 20 years.

The first time I got this problem was with BT around 3-4 years ago. I tried to do it online but it came up with the wrong address so I had to do it all on the phone and the sales person, manually corrected my address.

Now I have the same problem with PlusNet.  I did the same as I did with BT above (takes about 30mins to do). The Sales person manually changed my address. I then logged in to my account at PlusNet and my address is still Wrong???

I have sent an email via the web site to correct my address, as I didn’t have the time to wait over 30mins to talk to someone on Friday evening. Things are not looking good as I still haven’t had a response.

So how good are PlusNet as correcting a simple problem like an address?

8 REPLIES 8
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Postcode does not match my address

lost1

Royal Mail show my show my address and postcode on they post finder correctly. PlusNets sales person checked my postcode on the Royal Mail website and confirmed that the address PlusNet got on their systems where incorrect that’s why he tried and change it manually.

Also I have no problem seeing the right address using  other services and sites such as Amazon, Boots, Clarks, Morrions,  just few examples to show my postcode & address is correct.

emailed Question (reference 144219573)

lost1

Could anoush or adamwalker find out what is goiing on and when will it be fixed?

Question (reference 144219573)

thanks

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

Fixed. I've updated our records to match the Royal Mail ones. I'm just in the process of resubmitting your orders too and will update you via the account shortly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
lost1

Thanks Chris...

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've taken a note on your account to check this tomorrow to make sure the orders are progressing correctly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
iceman3
Hooked
Fixes: 1

My property doesn't appear at all when I enter my postcode on Plusnet's site.

It works fine with Royal mail and other ISPs, enter my postcode and I can select the property, not so with Plusnet - it simply isn't there.

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

@Gel wrote:

You need to take up with Royal Mail who manage UK's postcodes; companies databases will always use this.

http://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode/nojs/enquiry

I frequently run into this problem; which is caused by various third-party external post-code checker systems used by companies such as Plusnet, taking their data from Royal Mail sources (where it is of course correct), but sometimes seeming to garble it. I suspect the reason is that the systems originate in the US, and are not properly configured for UK address formats.

In my case, I have a two-line street address of the form:

12 Something Place,

Somewhere Hill

which post-code checkers frequently insist is:

12 Somewhere Hill

It can be a nightmare sometimes making on-line purchases, especially where a courier service is involved!