cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting my number from talktalk

Catho

Porting my number from talktalk

I have been trying to transfer from talktalk to Plusnet since the beginning of November. Each time plusnet try to take my line the request is rejected because according to Plusnet, talktalk have put a cease on my line so plusnet can't port it. However after two 50 minute phone calls to talktalk on two occasions, talktalk told me they have to put a cease on my line as that is their system of ending my account with them (I'm not in contract with them anymore). They also said my number belongs to BT so plusnet need to contact BT to obtain my number. I relayed all this to Plusnet who said talktalk are telling me incorrectly. So WHO do I believe? You would think these telecom companies do this on a daily basis and something as simple as number porting should be water off a ducks back......obviously not. I am absolutely frustrated with all of this and would quite happily accept a refund of the money I have paid if it is really not possible to move to Plusnet. I think martin lewis' website will be getting an email... Anyone else had similar problems?
6 REPLIES 6
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Porting my number from talktalk

I had the same problem when leaving TalkTalk to join Plusnet. But, I just left Plusnet to do their thing and my number was transferred (after a few days). I think you'll find that you'll have the same problem with any ISP you choose to join simply because TalkTalk seem to have this knack of trying to put the mockers on things just to try and keep you as a customer.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Catho

Thanks Pete, but they've tried to port the number 5 times now and it fails each time. Plusnet say it's because of the cease on the line whilst talktalk say it's not! It seems they are at stalemate, not good for the consumer!
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I a agree with you, it's not good, but I'll think you'll find that it's TalkTalk and not Plusnet that's giving you grief. They tend to use these types of bullying tactics.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Catho

Each time talktalk remove the cease on my line it reverts back to them. How do I leave them without being without a phone line for a while?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had.

I can see we've managed to get your order in place with a new telephone number and a member of our complaints team has taken ownership of this issue who will attempt to renumber your line when the order completes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Catho

Thanks Gandolf, I'm keeping my fingers crossed until then!