cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from TalkTalk to Plusnet difficulty

gillS

Porting from TalkTalk to Plusnet difficulty

Hi I have read previous posts about this and can't believe that my number cannot be guaranteed to be ported across.

I have my elderly mother living with me (with health concerns) whose, many, HC providers all have this number for us and changing the number would cause all kinds of difficulties. The number was originally BT, then we went to Plusnet, then TalkTalk and are trying to return to Plusnet but for some reason porting the number seems to be an issue?
No-one seems to be able to tell me 'why' exactly.

If i can't guarantee the number then it would be too problematic to make the switch.

Can someone from TalkTalk help as the people who email me don't seem to grasp the problem.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Porting from TalkTalk to Plusnet difficulty

Hi @gillS,

Have you begun the account creation process with ourselves yet, or are you still waiting to do so? We may need to wait until the orders have completed before we can take over the old landline number, though I'm afraid this isn't always guaranteed. I'd recommend getting in touch with TalkTalk to ask them if they've received our line take over request as well, just to make sure it isn't prematurely cancelled.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
gillS

Hi, I have started the process and have been told I am not guaranteed my number can be held do I want to go ahead. But no matter who I talk with email or txt no-one will tell me WHY. So,  @TheMightyAJ please tell me why is porting my number not guaranteed? As I understand it, it is a OFCOM requirement that private individuals are enabled to port their numbers. This was a BT number to begin with before coming to Plusnet, swapping to TalkTalk and coming back to you again... so what is the reason it is not guaranteed???
Thank you : )

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @gillS I've just tried to call you but couldn't get through.

Looks like some agents on our end have got the wrong end of the stick, I can't see why we won't be able to retain your number.

I've just manually placed the orders to take over the working line at the property, and have sent you a confirmatory email. you should receive a confirmed activation date within the next 72 hours. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds