cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Virgin number to PlusNet, how can it be so difficult?

phish386
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Porting Virgin number to PlusNet, how can it be so difficult?

I am having trouble getting PlusNet provisioning to put in a port request to move my old phone number from Virgin over.

My line went active close to 2 weeks ago, and I was promised prior to go live by PlusNet that they would put a port in request with Virgin immediately post-go live. For some reason the number port has to happen post-go live with Virgin apparently being on a different network,. However this didn't happen as Virgin yesterday told me they have received no such requests.

I finally got through after 1.5 hours on hold yesterday to PlusNet provisioning (unbelievable). The guy told me that you can't port numbers out of Virgin, they have to release it back to Openreach and then PlusNet pick it up from the pool. I then called Virgin who said no, Plusnet needs to request a port out else the number could become unavailable.

So someone is giving me the wrong story and I think PlusNet provisioning are giving me incorrect information, which is a kick in the face after you spend 1.5 hours of your working day trying to get through to them. The guy was going to call back this morning but unsurprisingly didn't. And as I don't want to go through that again just to be told the same story, can one of the helpful support types here put in a port request? I am still paying Virgin for the line, so would like this expedited as currently I am paying at least 2 weeks extra to Virgin through no fault of my own. 

4 REPLIES 4
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Porting Virgin number to PlusNet, how can it be so difficult?

Someone at https://community.bt.com/ may know the truth. Anyone can sign-up to post.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @phish386

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to hear about the issues you have faced with renumbering your line, after looking into this we should have just placed a renumber order. I have done this for you now and updated you further via a ticket on your account here

Kind regards,

phish386
Hooked
Fixes: 1

That's great. I would be helpless without the useful people on this forum.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems @phish386

We'll keep an eye on this for you and we'll let you know once the port has completed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet