cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

furryconker
Dabbler

Poor service

We have been with Plusnet for many years now and have stayed loyal when I'm pretty sure I could have gone elsewhere. 

Tomorrow we move house and it has been a long hard journey to get to where we are with regards to moving (we agreed to purchase back in October). I rang Plusnet last weekend to finally notify them we have exchanged and would be moving tomorrow (ironically Friday the 13th).

My house move order was put through and I was given a date of the 20th. 7 days without service I was fine with, I didn't expect miracles tbh.

2 days late I got a ticketed update that we would now be getting service on the 6th April (!!!!), that's 2 and a half weeks later.

I rang and asked why and a gentleman when and spoke to the supplier who then offered to move it to the 16th (which David and I both agreed seemed too good to be true). David advised to wait 24hrs as it was a live system and that someone would contact me with an update,

3 days later (not exactly 24 hrs) the date gets moved back to the 6th (via ticket again - no human contact), that will be 4 and a half weeks after my initial call. 

I call again, get bounced around and put on hold for 10 mins. I call again (ask I can't afford to hanging around, I've a house to packup) and I get to speak to someone who rings the supplier and yes the 6th is confirmed (thats after a further 10 mins on hold).

I get that Plusnet are at the mercy of Openreach but 4 and a half week from the order.....3 and a half weeks from the move ???? I've no option to go along with it apparently because Openreach service everybody and it's going to cost me £72 to break the contract but consider me gone when that contract expires.

Is it really this hard to move house and retain the service of this company ?

2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Poor service

Did you contact the existing owner to let them know you wanted the line?

If not they would have put a cancelation on the line, which meant that no one else could place an order until the first completed.

Had you thought about this earlier you could have saved yourself some time.

furryconker
Dabbler

Re: Poor service

I was prepared for 2 weeks of no service (it states 3 weeks notice on the move house part of the website) as the week we were given plus 2 "waiting" weeks equals 3.

I'm more annoyed at the extra 2 weeks on top plus the jumping around of dates. I don't get how it could be moved forward to an amazing date (I'm sure the open reach operator didn't just pull that out of nowhere) only to drop back with a comment from another open reach employee stating "....no idea how they did that".

Throw in the joy of being on hold 20 mins and it's a pleasant experience.