cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service

Darklake

Poor customer service

My daughter moved into a new flat recently and asked for advice on Internet. I said Plusnet seemed quite good. Not the best advice apparently.
She placed the order on 13th April and was told she would be online within 10 days. The router was delivered a few days later.
She moved in on Saturday 24th April,
Tuesday 27th April Plusnet informed her that her Internet was ready but on trying to use it the red light on the router was on.
Wednesday 28th April she called Plusnet who did tests on the line and told her it was an external fault and an engineer would fix it the following day.
Thursday 29th April engineer failed to turn up
Friday 30th April she called Plusnet and was told an engineer had not been booked and that the problem would now be solved within 72 hours
Monday 3rd May still no engineer had turned up so she called Plusnet yet again to be told an engineer had not been booked and she was asked if she wanted one booked which she obviously did so was told one would be there Wednesday 5th May and that she would need to be there which meant she had to take a day off work as she's supposed to be working from home but can't without Internet so has been going to her old flat to work.
Wednesday 5th May Plusnet called to say the engineer had cancelled.
My daughter then made an official complaint .
She then called Plusnet back 2 hours later to check if an engineer had been booked to be told they were still working on that.
Then she was told there's a problem with logging the fault so they can't book an engineer until Friday 7th May.
Friday 7th May. An engineer arrived and fixed part of the problem but the broadband still didn't work and the engineer said he was a phone engineer and didn't know anything about broadband.
Called Plusnet again, they did more tests and said will have to get the authentication team to look on Monday 10th May
Monday 10th May, called Plusnet yet again and told they'll talk to the authentication team and try and sort it but there will have to be another engineer visit.
A month now from placing the order and no closer to having Internet despite numerous phone calls and the occasional engineer visit. My daughters access to her old flat ends on Wednesday so then she won't be able to work. Plusnet don't appear to care and seem to think because its a young girl they can mess her around. Very poor company for customer service
9 REPLIES 9
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Poor customer service

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Darklake 

I'm really sorry for the poor experience your daughter has had with us.

Can you drop me a PM with her account username so I can investigate and see what we can do to get this sorted?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Darklake

Thanks for your quick reply. How do I pm you
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Try clicking here http://community.plus.net/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/45633

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Darklake

Well, after multiple messages with " gandalf" plusnet help team, no progress was made, it appears Plusnet are just passing the problem from one to another. Its a pity they don't include the fact it takes over a month to get your internet turned on when they do.the tv adverts it would save a lot of wasted time and money
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

I'm amazed to hear that, @Darklake  - @Gandalf is usually able to unravel most things on here, but without knowing what has been said, it is difficult to comment.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Darklake As discussed this problem is in hand with I consider to be some of the best people in the business. One of my colleagues @plusnettony has ownership of the complaint and the fault with the service. 

Unfortunately though some things aren't easy or straight-forward to fix, I agree it's frustrating and a terrible experience. 

I understand that one of Tony's colleagues has since spoken with your daughter as he wasn't able to call again himself due to other workflows being on the high level escalations/complaints department.

Looking at the latest fault notes he's chased this up with BT's helpdesk around half an hour ago and we were advised that there's a line card issue affecting various other people too. To set expectations we can't guarantee this will fix the problem but we can't book a broadband engineer while there's an open major service outage in the supplier systems. 

We've been given a review date of tomorrow so we'll see where we are then.

Once up and running they'll be happy to discuss a goodwill gesture proportionate to the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Darklake

Thank you for that reply. Its a bit more informative than you told me on pm
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, in fairness I wasn't aware of that extra detail at the time of private messaging you.

I believe your daughter has the direct phone number for Tony's department so she can call if needed. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet