cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet reward card activation

Cuthbert

Plusnet reward card activation

Last year I joined Plusnet and was sent a £50 reward card.I thought Id activated it at the time but apparently not.I tried to activate it today only to be redirected to purecard helpdesk who informed me the card has now been blocked with the £50 returning to Plusnet and I should have read the terms and conditions.
Is there any way I can get back the reward and activate the card so I can spend the £50.
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Plusnet reward card activation

Thanks for your post @Cuthbert and apologies for the delayed response.

I'm sorry to say that if a reward card has expired due to inactivity there's not much we can do unfortunately as the offer would ultimately be forfeit. Sorry for the disappointment this causes. Sad

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
budore

I am in a similar position to @Cuthbert.

I received my Plusnet Rewards card back in January of this year but at that time I was not very well.  My Plusnet mail, along with two other letters, were placed on top of the cupboard beside me but they got knocked down behind the cupboard and forgotten about.  Last week we decided to move the cupboard to a new location only to find the three letters behind it.

I contacted the purecard website to activate the card which it would not let me action.  I telephoned their support to be told that I need to contact Plusnet about the card.

The card I have is valid until 12/20 so it is not expired.  It cannot be expired due to inactivity.  If a card was activated in January and not used until the last day of December 2020 there would have been no activity on the card but the funds would still be there.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting in touch @budore 

I'm afraid that while a reward card is valid for 12 months you'd need to activate the card within 3 months otherwise it'd expire. There's some more information over here: https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/cashback-and-vouchers/#how-long-do-i-have-to-activate-my-pl... about our cashback process.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
budore

Thank you for your reply @Gandalf 

My question to you is where is my reward for signing up to Plusnet.  I was promised a reward for joining and I have not got this reward.

The rules of this reward card are that if it is not activated the money that would have been attached to the card is returned to Plusnet.  Therefore Plusnet have still got the money that should have gone to their customer(s).  

So, when is a reward not a reward?  When a customer doesn't accidentally activate a card provided to them.

I would urge anyone who is about to sign up to Plusnet to think twice about the so-called reward.  I know I will when it comes round to the end of my contract.  I certainly would not recommend signing up with a promise of a false reward. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @budore I'm sorry to see you feel that way. When you sign up to us you agree to our terms and conditions. Our FAQs Here which form part of our terms do state:

2. How long do I have to activate my Plusnet Reward Card?

You'll need to activate the card within 3 months from issuance. If it's not activated by then, you'll no longer have access to the funds. See full Terms and Conditions.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet