cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet protect

chuckle1690

Plusnet protect

When i ordered plusnet i got a conformation email which said plusnet protect was included. I have unlimited fibre. On my account page i need to add this on as extra. Why is it included on my subscription conformation email but not included on my subscription now iv subscribed? Any one else noticed this? And am i eligible for pn protect?
5 REPLIES 5
bucksboy
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet protect

Have to agree this whole caller protect feature is shrouded in mystery, why can't it just be simple!

Have had a couple of replies to my post on it one form Plusnet which gives a link to a what it is and sort of how it works but why do we have have to dig around like this for information?

Although folk are saying you can switch it on yourself I was told by a Plusnet person when I agreed a deal to stay  that it had to be done by Plusnet so I rang......yep long wait ( did use chat later and got it done. It's hard work being a Plusnet customer

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hello @chuckle1690

It looks like you've signed up for Plusnet Protect (3 months free), but the component hasn't activated automatically.

I've added the component on to your account now and applied 3 months worth of discounts. After the discounts expire, the cost will be £2 per month but you can always turn it off before then if you choose to.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@bucksboy wrote:

Have to agree this whole caller protect feature is shrouded in mystery, why can't it just be simple!

Caller Protect and PlusNet Protect are quite different products - the former is a means of blocking unwanted phone calls, the other is a subscription for McAfee AV software.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bucksboy
Dabbler

Whoops, ! my mistake I was referring to Plusnet Call Protect which I still say is very hard to fathom how it works even after some help here and digging for info  I still don't know how to... 'add up to 50 numbers to my override diverted list'.

It will not block 'International' ( the cause of so many of my unwanted calls nuisance calls) perhaps theses are voip calls but show up as international ?

Of course these call from who and wherever do produce vast revenues for BT so the question has to be asked why would they want to completely shut such traffic down?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

In which case, see here - https://community.plus.net/t5/Phone/Plusnet-Call-Protect-Can-you-Block-International-calls/m-p/14374...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.