Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet is becoming a liability!

FIXED
yfront
Grafter

Plusnet is becoming a liability!

Now where do I start this time?

I have dozens of referrals and support them as best I can, to justify the refereal fee. 😉

The latest problem to crop up as follows.

Customer has phone, fibre and TV from Plusnet but is moving to an adjacent telephone exchange area.

Order placed, fibre not immediatly available so ADSL provided in place of fibre, new phone number allocated and move takes place with no problems.

Fibre now becomes available so customer calls Plusnet to arrange an upgrade to fibre pointing out she already has a Plusnet Youview box.

Customer then advised that she will have to have a new account opened with a new user name and new phone number!

WHY?

Apart from needing to advise all her contacts of another change of phone number her email address will probably die with account name change.

It seems that Plusnet thinks she is still at her old address, when she contacted Plusnet she was told that her account was suspended but everything was working normally.

What in the hell is goling on with Plusnet!

Can this be resolved?

Plusnet staff please see question 

10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Plusnet is becoming a liability!

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Orders.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
yfront
Grafter

To summarise my original post.

This customer requires an upgrade from adsl to fibre with Plusnet TV.

Why is this so complicated?

BT broadband checker confirms fibre is now available for this number.

Thanks

Fred

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Fred, sorry for the issues your referral is having with upgrading to fibre and adding on the TV package and the complexity of this.

The problem is that if an account is in suspended billing then we can't put through a product change, and creating a new account with the same number that's already active on another account is tricky. 

Let me look into this further tomorrow when I'm in the office and see what we can do.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
yfront
Grafter

Hi Gandalf

Thank you for response.

The customer has only recently moved house, at the time there was a waiting list for fibre, your Plusnet team member suggested having adsl until such time as fibre became available, which it now is.

I can't understand you saying the account is suspended, why should it be, everything is currently working as it should.

I don't believe the customer will be prepared to have the hassle of a number/account change to which they feel they're being bulldozed into.

Anyway, I hope you can sort this strange situation out.

Thanks again.

Fred

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Fred, the most common reason for an account to go into suspended billing is if it's affected by a system issue, from what you've said it appears that the account details haven't updated properly following the house move so that may have triggered the issue. I'm in the office in a couple of hours so I'll take a look at this then and see what we can do to resolve this amicably.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like we've already created a new account, I've added a reply to the ticket 199323244 and I'll make sure we keep the number the same and downgrade the old account to mail only afterwards. I'll update the ticket again later on today.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
yfront
Grafter

Hi Gandalf

Thank you so much for taking an interest in this problem.

I've spoken to the customer and they will be happy to go along with what you've proposed.

They also say that they've not been billed since before the house move.

Apologies if my first post was somewhat blunt, but it becomes very frustrating trying to help, especially when it's difficult to speak on their behalf on anything other than basic fault reporting.

Fred

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi Fred, no problem and apologies for the way we've attempted to handle this for them.

I'll keep on top of this to try to make sure the actions I've proposed go through smoothly.

Feel free to post back or send me a PM if you need any further help in future and I'll be happy to help.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
yfront
Grafter

Gandalf

Many thanks for your help with this, now all sorted to your customers satisfaction.

Fred

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool. No problem at all Fred.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet