Plusnet full fibre connected and live but Talk Talk boradband still active

FIXED
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Plusnet full fibre connected and live but Talk Talk boradband still active

@Gill360739 

Oh drat - I was delighted to get a "You fixed it" token ... but now sad that you have not yet had a response.  I know that the escalation has been picked up.

You can removed the "you fixed it for me" marker, by clicking POST OPTIONs on my post and selection "Not the fix".

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi @Gill360739 

I'm sorry to hear this has happened.

As this matter concerns account-sensitive information I've created a ticket on your account

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Gill360739
Dabbler

Thanks - I have checked the form I would have completed to sign up and you do have to choose whether you want to keep the landline or not. I chose "I'm happy to lose my landline" as the other option was "I want to keep my home phone line with my current landline provider" which I definitely did not choose as I want nothing further to do with my current provider. The next screen shows the installation process and makes it clear that the phone line will be disconnected when the fibre is activated.... (see screen shot) so whilst I understand what you are saying about Full Fibre being a new/different service etc, your own online form states the line will be disconnected and that you will "take care of switching" unless form Virgin Media/cable! The same info is on the pre contract as well so I'm not sure how I was supposed to know that I needed to cancel service when it was stated otherwise more than once. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@MatthewWheeler 

That screen shot shows very clearly that Plusnet will terminate the existing service when the FTTP service is activated.  Therefore how does the "Full Fibre being a new/different service etc" have any bearing and why at this juncture is the user mentioning " how I was supposed to know that I needed to cancel service"?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

Fix

@Gill360739 - Righto, I've been digging through to see what's going off, Matt is correct in what he's saying but I completely understand where you're coming from with the advise that's been given on the website. 

Essentially, if you were to give us your telephone number then we'd inform your current provider you're leaving. Without any of that information then we wouldn't be able to do anything. The website info could be more flexible so you know where you stand with your current provider. 

First thing to do, if you haven't already, is get in touch with them to cancel. Once that's been done, send us the final bill, (TalkTalk will be able to let you know when you'll get this), we'll credit back what's been charged from our activation date. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
Gill360739
Dabbler

Thanks very much @csmith94 - I am very happy not to be out of pocket! Do I send the final bill direct to you as a private message when it arrives?

FYI I did put my phone number in at the beginning of the process when it checks the address for full-fibre coverage, but perhaps that doesn’t get saved once the order is placed?
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

Yeah you can drop me a PM with screenshot, probably better just in case there's any info on there you don't want getting out Smiley 

You have to pick another option later on to confirm if you want the number porting over, this is what will trigger the notification to the current provider. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Gill360739 

Glad that this has been sorted for you.  The Superuser discussion on this matter is still on going ...