cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet are just rubbish, and I'm not even connected yet.

b52

Plusnet are just rubbish, and I'm not even connected yet.

Due to switch tomorrow and no hub received yet. I'm told one was sent out but I received no notification, and online the info is that the order is "processing". The replacement will take 3 to 5 days to arrive, but the switch will still happen tomorrow, so we have the prospect of several days without an internet connection. They just dig in...there is nothing they can do....no override in the system to have a hub sent guaranteed next day delivery. They don't care...they've got my money, I'm one day out of the 14 day cooling off period, and I'm stuck with this shambles for the next 12 months. How on earth do they score so highly with their customer reviews? What on earth have I signed up to? I will make a guarantee of my own...in eleven month's time Plustnet will receive one month's notice of the termination of my contract with them.

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Plusnet are just rubbish, and I'm not even connected yet.

You could always use your current router, depending on what you have available?

b52

Thanks for your response Mustrum. We are upgrading to fibre. I'm not a techy but I assume the old router would not be compatible. And if it was it would still require contact with Plusnet for help to get up and running...password etc. I've already had cause to phone them twice and on both occasions they took 30+ minutes to answer. I have no confidence in them whatsoever.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I do apologise that your router hadn't arrived, unfortunately the advisors you spoke to are correct and we can't send these out next day guaranteed.

Once you do receive the router, please let us know and we'll ensure you're refunded for the downtime between the service activating and the router being received/when you get online.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.