cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet activation overdue.

Topsy
Dabbler

Plusnet activation overdue.

I was scheduled for activation on the 25.06.2019. It's not happened yet, any news when it will be?

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Plusnet activation overdue.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Topsy

I'm really sorry that you haven't heard anything from ourselves. This isn't the service we aim to provide nor pride ourselves on. 

Voicemail facility wasn't on your phone so I have provided an update for you which can be followed here

If there is anything else we may assist you with, please feel free to give us a shout. 

Kind Regards

Topsy
Dabbler

I've read your message (OllieC). Problem, since yesterday afternoon I can't access my current internet provider which is Sky.

According to Sky it should only be disconnected when Plusnet is activated.

I've tried to connect to the internet via your emergency dial-up service which is 08451400101 (?), doesn't work. All I get is 'This number is not recognized.' Having no internet at the end of the month is rather inconvenient, it's when I get and pay my bills online.

If you do have a working emergency dial-up number (local call rate) perhaps you could text the number to my mobile. This BTWiFI I'm using now costs £4 an hour.

Thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Topsy,the dialup network was decommissioned some years back so I'm sorry we can't offer that option. 

You may wish to speak with Sky as no action should have been taken to disconnect their service until we've been able to transfer it over to us so that may be something they've incorrectly instigated. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@adamwalker wrote:

You may wish to speak with Sky as no action should have been taken to disconnect their service until we've been able to transfer it over to us so that may be something they've incorrectly instigated. 

Thanks @adamwalker   but the OP claims that activation was scheduled for the 25th Jun.  Is there an update?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @MauriceC, though the order at one point was scheduled to complete on the 25/06/19, when we checked on Thursday we had been advised of a delay due to routing.

We're now just waiting on the correct routing being updated and will provide the OP with further updates on the review date.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Topsy
Dabbler

Any news when I might be connected, I beleive the review is due today?

As I told you, my presant broadband Sky stopped working on Thursday 27.06.2019 and has not worked since. I did as adamwalker suggested and contacted Sky, spoke to one of their technical staff who told me that Sky had not issued an instruction for me to be disconnected. He also told be in a roundabout way that as I was imminently leaving Sky they wouldn't be doing anything about it. The only way I can get internet access at the moment is BTWiFI-FON, at 2.9Mbps/£4 an hour:(

I hope you can give me some good news soon.

Thanks

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A WORKING DIAL-UP INTERNET SERVICE (AT LOCAL RATES) AVAILABLE ANYMORE. ALL THE THE ONES I TRIED ARE NO LONGER WORKING.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Topsy

I can see that we have been providing updates for you via ticket. 

You can view your latest updates here

I myself also previously linked you with how to view your ticket updates. Please continue to use these links or log in manually to the member centre to view your open tickets. 

Kind Regards

Ollie 

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Topsy wrote:

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A WORKING DIAL-UP INTERNET SERVICE (AT LOCAL RATES) AVAILABLE ANYMORE. ALL THE THE ONES I TRIED ARE NO LONGER WORKING.

I very much doubt it @Topsy Undecided  BT shut down their service in 2013 when most users migrated to ADSL and the profitability took a nosedive. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Topsy
Dabbler

Any update for me?

I was suppoded to have been connected on the 25th June.

I've had no internet since the 27th June.

It's costing me £4 hour (BTWiFi-FON) just so I can check my emails every couple of days. One more BTWiFi session and I will have spent the equivalent of a month's internet subscription on 4 hours internet access. 😞

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Topsy, I'm in touch with Openreach for an update on the order now and will add an update to your account shortly. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Topsy
Dabbler

My Plusnet internet has now been activated.

As I mentioned above, I loss my Sky Internet access on the 4th of July which is a week after Plusnet was meant to be activated. The only way I could get internet access was to pay through the nose for BTWiFi-FON, that has cost me £37. I've got the invoices for that.

How about taking that £37 of my Plusnet bill as a goodwill gesture.

Thanks

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Topsy

Thank you for getting in touch. 

I have updated your complaint ticket with more information here

Kind Regards

Topsy
Dabbler

OK, I'll take your offer. You will start my monthly billing from from today, not the 25th June, correct?