cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Scam

candan

Plusnet Scam

Signed up 20th November 2020 so its ready for x-mas and now there saying my internet won't go live till the 12th January 2021. That's 53 days and on top of that I'm now paying my second bill of £25.00. so that's 2 months of No service but yet they keep taking money. I think I will call and cancel and go back to Sky !!!

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps title edited as per Forum rules.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Plusnet Scam

@candan That doesn't quite sound correct - you don't start paying until the service is connected.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

There will be some charges if the phone line has been connected.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@MisterW Hadn't thought of that - but £25.00? (I must stop posting late at night Smiley)

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

@jab1 Yes, it does seem a bit strange but understanding how the PN billing system works might explain it.

Firstly you get billed monthly in advance.

Billing starts as soon as the first service starts and that is fixed as your subsequent billing date.

Credit will be applied for any service e.g broadband that hasn't yet been provided.

So taking what the OP @candan posted , I would guess that the phone went active on the 22nd Nov ( probably just restarting a stopped line which only takes 24hrs ). So the monthly billing date is the 22nd. BT Openreach may well have a shortage of engineers in the area and so broadband provision is delayed. The upfront payment covers 22 Nov to 21 Dec, so another bill is now due for 22 Dec to 21 Jan. This bill will have a discount for the lack of broadband from 22 Nov to 21 Dec, but will include a full months phone and broadband from 22 Dec to 21 Jan since broadband is expected to go live at some point during this months billing cycle. The bill that is produced on 22 Jan will have a broadband credit for the period 22 Dec until whenever the broadband goes live.

Don't forget that any discount in the package price is ONLY for the broadband component, line rental is always at full price. So in reality the credit I referred to above is only based on the discounted broadband price.

I don't know what the OP's package price is but the above could well explain a second bill for £25.

NB John , the above explanation is more for the benefit of the OP as I'm pretty sure you understand it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Gotcha!

John
candan

Who gives a [-Censored-] about the small details of payment. How about the fact it's taken 53 days to get it running. I don't give a sh*t about the lack of staff... if they would of told me how backed up they are then so be it but when I'm told twice that it would only be 4 days and now it's 53 days then plusnet and anyone who defends them can go fu*k them selves!

Moderators Note:  Avoidance of swear filter removed

candan

Sorry, but im just so frustrated.