cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Order Delayed

ShelbeyElliss

Plusnet Order Delayed

Hello, I have just signed up for a new broadband service with yourselves and received a text to say my order is delayed and I’m unsure why
I am unable to get through to the phone number as I am on hold for ages and I work as a veterinary nurse so don’t have the time to wait on hold for long periods
If anyone can help this query that would be great
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Plusnet Order Delayed

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hello Shelby,

A warm welcome to the forums - this might help.

Delayed orders

There are a multitude of reasons why order processing might be reported as delayed and usually it is nothing to be too concerned about, but there are exceptions. The following are some of the common causes of orders being delayed...

• The user told their existing supplier that they are moving and the consequential action by their existing supplier will prevent any new ISP placing orders to take over the service - this needs affirmative action with the existing supplier
  • The existing circuit to the property cannot be identified in BT Openreach's systems due to errors in their data - this can give rise to the need for special processes (ORDI and Bridge cases) with BTOR to correct THEIR data
  • Something was not quite right with the order raised by Plusnet - these are usually sorted quickly
  • BT Openreach do not have engineering resources available in the usual timeframe

To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

NB: If a user tells their existing supplier that they are leaving and that supplier places a cease on the line, Plusnet cannot process a new order until AFTER the line has been ceased.  That could lead to circa 14 days without an internet service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 27

Hi @ShelbeyElliss 

Thanks for reaching out, I'm sorry about the order being slightly delayed here. I've been going through your account and dropped across an email to let you know what's been going off and what I've done today to get the issue resolved for you. 

Just let me know if you need anything else at all 😊

- Curtis, Plusnet Sheffield

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team