cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Complete Failure to Install Fibre [House Move]

Chris_J

Plusnet Complete Failure to Install Fibre [House Move]

Called to leave Plusnet as I was moving house, [CSA Removed] convinced me to stay with a great deal and a promise of high speed fibre in my new place

[CSA Removed] - Sales & COT Analyst

2:19pm, Friday 30 Aug 2019

We estimate your broadband speed should be between 71.5 Mbps and 80 Mbps and your minimum guaranteed speed is 71.5 Mbps.

House Move deal Agreed - £38 per month

Move date 14/09/19

[CSA Removed] - CSC Analyst

5:14pm, Monday 2 Sep 2019

I can confirm that your telephone and broadband services are due to be activated on 16/09/19 anytime upto midnight.

Once your orders have completed, it may take a further 24 working hours for your services to be activated.

Just so you know… you will not need to do anything. Leave everything to us and we will keep you updated on the progress of your order.

>TEXT MSG< 16/09/19 10:31am - Openreach Engineer [CSA Removed] is now working on your job. This maybe at our street cabinet, but work is underway’

I spoke with [CSA Removed] on the phone twice, he had difficulty connecting the internet and “called 4 Fibre engineers” to resolve the problem. He could not sync the fibre ports as there were only g-speed ports available. He spend a total of 2hrs by the exchange trying to get it to work.

First Plusnet agent ‘ [CSA Removed]’ lied to me and said the engineer had filed a report saying I wasn’t home, which I was and had spoke with the engineer on the phone – [CSA Removed] was very displeased that the Plusnet employee had made this up and said his report was that there were ‘no fibre ports available’.

[CSA Removed] - CSC Analyst

1:47pm, Monday 16 Sep 2019

I have logged this as a complaint as you are dissatisfied by the service you have received today as the engineer couldn't finish the job due to Openreach stated that OGEA on this order is for G fast and not for fibre so the engineer cannot complete the task . I'm sorry for this. We aim to get this resolved for you as a matter of urgency and we will keep you updated throughout. Thank you for your patience.

I will take the following actions in order for us to reach a resolution:I called our suppliers, 18/09/19 expedite 6651AAAFR EXTERNAL WORK AM SLOT.

Openreach Engineer did not turn up on 18/09/19 – I had to call Plusnet

12:34pm, Wednesday 18 Sep 2019

As discussed, our suppliers have provisionally booked an appointment for the 20/09/2019 between 8AM and 1 PM. The problem is that there are no fibre ports available at the cabinet and there are only g-fast ports available which we don't provide a service on.

I spoke to the open reach engineer who originally came out on the 16/09 and have asked him to raise a task for the post issue to be resolved. If a task is raised today,then we will have to cancel the appointment for the 20/09 so that ports can become available first.

If the task is not raised today,then we will have to let the appointment for the 20/09 to go through and the engineer will raise the task on that day.

I call up Plusnet ahead of the day to confirm an engineer will be able to attend on the 20/09/19

10:14am, Thursday 19 Sep 2019

We have been in contact with Open reach who have advised that an engineer is due out externally to complete your fibre work.

However we have been previously in contact with you as the previous engineer stated there is currently no fibre ports available there is only g-fast.

As the engineer is due out 20.09.2019 he will raise a LLUMS case so that we can get the issue resolved as quickly as possible.

We will need to check back on Monday for a further update so we will call our suppliers and get back to you straight away. Our suppliers have confirmed that once this issue with the ports have been resolved we can get an expedite appointment to connect you to fibre.

We will look into this Monday and will provide you with a further update. I am sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience.

10:16am, Thursday 19 Sep 2019

**INTERNAL**

Contacted open reach and spoke with a manager as agents arent understanding the issue correctly, the manager has given details and if there is any further issues with the order we can contact her direct to resolve any issues.

[CSA Removed]

ein 612351903

I call up Plusnet to make sure that the Openreach engineer does not simply file the same LLUMS report as the 1st one on 16/09/19

4:45pm, Thursday 19 Sep 2019

I spoke with an Openreach advisor who double checked the details and they confirmed the LLUMS case has been cleared and a port is now spare for use.

They confirmed the engineer tomorrow will be able to activate the service and they do not expect any further delays to occur.

I did ask them to check again and confirm the information to make sure we were getting the correct details passed onto you and they confirmed the same again.

4:48pm, Thursday 19 Sep 2019

**INTERNAL**

I have asked the advisor to update the tracker notes to reflect what was told to me on the phone.

Engineer due tomorrow, LLUMS has been cleared so activation will go ahead with no further delays.

In case the supplier notes do not get added to the tracker, our calls are recorded. Time of call: 16:09 - duration 06:14 - date: 19/09/2019

20/09/19 12:34pm - Openreach Engineer [CSA Removed] is now working on your job. This maybe at our street cabinet, but work is underway’

I spoke with [CSA Removed] on the phone he assured me that he was connecting the fibre ports and that the job should be a simple one that wont take long.

The next communication I receive is the following email from Plusnet

2:14pm, Friday 20 Sep 2019

I have spoken with our suppliers who have advised they will be able to rebook an expedited appointment on Monday.

We will be in touch once this has been done.

What do you mean?

Then on Sunday I get a bill for a service that I don’t even have yet and to add further insult is more than my agreed £38 a month contract that I agreed to…

>EMAIL< Sun, 22 Sep, 13:27

Plusnet Support <support@plus.net>

We'll soon be taking a payment of £47.92 for your service. This will leave your account on or after 30th September 2019.

Monday comes and no Openreach engineer turns up again… of course I have to call Plusnet as they don’t follow up

2:52pm, Monday 23 Sep 2019

I can confirm that the engineers had originally gone out to connect you to fibre, however the engineer needed to raise a LUMS case as the cabinet was full and no fibre ports were spare.

A lums case is to determine if there is any lines that are not being used or can be unplugged to make way for your connection.

The lums case has been completed and they can confirm that the engineers will be able to change the lines in the cabinet and connect you on Friday the 27th.

I ask to speak with the manager at Plusnet because every day I am being fed false information from either Openreach or Plusnet – I have no way to validate

[CSA Removed] - CSC - CS Escalations

6:42pm, Monday 23 Sep 2019

As discussed I do apologise for the inconvenience as the initial engineer assigned did not complete the work and you was told an engineer will arrive today but no one showed. Also, as the next available date is on Friday 27/09/2019 you are not happy with this delay, Therefore, you wanted to speak with my manager as advised you will receive the call back within 4 working hours.

[CSA Removed] - CSC - CS Escalations

8:50pm, Monday 23 Sep 2019

AS discussed i will manage this and update you asap tomorrow after speaking to open reach to find out what is happening.
Please accept our apology and thank you for your patience. I will be in touch after 1pm as my shift starts then.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

[CSA Removed] CS Escalations “manager’ never called me back, did not follow up with this order and in no way corresponded with me again. Despite lying to me by saying she would personally see this through to completion.

Plusnet call me the next day and say they have managed to secure a slot a day earlier on 16/09/19

[CSA Removed] - CSC - CS Escalations

1:50pm, Tuesday 24 Sep 2019

As discussed the engineer is booked for the 26/09/2019 AM slot, which is anywhere between 8am to 1pm. Also, the engineer is going to do external work so therefore does not require access to the property. We will continue to monitor your order and update you.

[CSA Removed] - CSC - CS Escalations

3:56pm, Tuesday 24 Sep 2019

-internal-

Appointment reference - 6701e6afr

No Openreach engineer turns up again… I follow up on a call to Plusnet

1:39pm, Thursday 26 Sep 2019

As discussed, the work at the exchange today has again been delayed due to a lack of resources from our supplier. As discussed, we are awaiting our supplier reappointing this for tomorrow PM, this time fully escalated to the controls team to avoid this happening again. We will update you again shortly.

I call Plusnet to confirm the appointment for 27/09/19 PM slot and am then told that there is no appointment in the system.

11:03am, Friday 27 Sep 2019

Great News!
This message is to update you on your phone and broadband activation.

You have an engineer appointment for the 01/10/19 for the AM slot (8am-1pm).

Please ensure either you or someone at least 18 years old is at the property to allow the engineer access. If no one is available for the appointment please get in touch with at least 2 working days notice so we can rearrange for you. Booking a new appointment will cost £65 if this appointment is missed.

Ive been told on numerous occasions that I don’t have to be in the house for fibre to be connected at the exchange, but this last threat that if I am not there they are going to charge me £65 is beyond me.

I will be pursuing leagal action in a small claims court for the actions taken by Plusnet for thier lack of service, over charging, personal cost to me, neglagence to handle a 3rd party vendor, missendevour and general distress cause to me and my family.

Plusnet have completed failed in thier obligations legally and should be held accountable.

Moderators Note:  Many CSA names removed as per Forum rules

10 REPLIES 10
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Plusnet Complete Failure to Install Fibre [House Move]

Hi @Chris_J

I'm really sorry to hear about the delays you have experienced. 

So that we can investigate your account, please PM your account username and we will get back to you accordingly.

Whilst we can appreciate your frustration, this isn't a matter for the courts as we outline that sometimes circumstances beyond our control may alter your switch date/activation. You can also view our terms and conditions here regarding compensation/claims. 

Terms And Conditions

The specific section for what you have raised regarding legal action can be viewed under: 12. Our responsibility to you

Kind Regards

Chris_J

Hey OllieC,

This is a matter for legal prosecution when you are charging me over what was contractually agreed without providing obligated services. Im confident that your catch all caveats in the terms and conditions are open to the interpretation of the courts as per previous cases raised in the small claims court and Ofcom investigations.

Furthermore, I do not think you are in a position to comment on Plusnets legal integrity but I am happy to collate your thoughts to add to the case I will be presenting.

I'll be PM'ing you my account details

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Chris_J 

I have pasted your comments onto your complaint ticket and also arranged an escalation call back as you didn't receive them previously. 

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Please be aware that during a home move billing continues at the previous rate and then is refunded once your services are live. 

Kind Regards

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

SU Escalation

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your post @Chris_J.

I can see we tried to call you earlier today regarding this.

Is there anything else we can help with?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Chris_J

Hey @MatthewWheeler 

Yes I still have not managed to have a conversation with a Manager. The 4hr call back tunraround time is far from accurate, I put the request in over 60hrs ago (~11am Fri 27th Sept). My hope was that a Plusnet Manager would be able talk with Openreach in thier operational hours on Friday - this clearly dod not happen. Chris Fitsimmons has completely ignored my requested times to talk.

I am still awaiting the chance to speak with someone on the phone.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Chris_J, I am really sorry for the issues you have encountered here. I can see that the latest update has been added to the open ticket here and I have sent an email to the Manager dealing with this for you, to request they urgently give you a call when next on shift.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Chris_J

@LaurenB I still have not been contacted by a Plusnet Manager - ive now been waiting close to 80hrs.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Chris_J

I'm incredibly sorry that you have not received a manager callback just yet and I can understand why you would feel frustrated and upset with our company and service. I have now emailed the manager in question to chase this for you.

Thanks.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'