cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet apathy

tiredeyes
Grafter

PlusNet apathy

Why is their such apathy amongst the plusnet team.

I've had an order in since 16th Sept and supposed to be activated today, I live chat and discover it won't be happening today as my order was rejected twice and no one picked it up the second time (but did the first time Undecided) or bothered to tell me, after a little investigation it's something to do with OpenReach and they've chucked in a request to get it sorted, it'll be a "couple of working days"

Are you ************* kidding me?

Phone OR now and get to the bottom of it

that'll do no good, has to be done this way

No it doesn't, you can phone OpenReach and get them to sort it asap

computer says no

Chase them up, be pro-active.

Can't do that

Give me their number and order number and I'll do it

OpenReach only speak to ISP

So speak to them ffs !!

Do you know it's Friday afternoon ?Huh

Ok, so the last sentence didn't happen but I know that's what it is, such BS by the live chat agents and then their managers who tell me they've done all they can and actually believe it  !!

I moved to plusnet because of the promise of better service than BT - have I made an error ?

A simple phone call from plusnet to openreach could have this admin error sorted in minutes, instead of days, it'll be another week I reckon till they can be bothered to provide my service.

Cry

9 REPLIES 9
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: PlusNet apathy

Welcome to the forums @tiredeyes

I've read over the chat and that's not quite how it went.

I can see the advisor raised an escalation with our suppliers to correct records that were causing the problems. Unfortunately, despite what you may think, the advisor and manager the chat was escalated to have given you the correct information and done all they can to get this matter resolved as soon as possible for you.

After being given the correct information on the chat, you did seem to become quite abusive towards the staff you were speaking to. I do understand it's a frustrating situation, however I can't fault how they have handled this situation.

tiredeyes wrote:

Ok, so the last sentence didn't happen but I know that's what it is

None of what you said the advisor said was said in those words.

The responses from the chat I assume you're referring to are below:

Staff, 12:40pm

Thanks for waiting! It looks like we've had some issues trying to take over your phone line so it won't be completing today, I just need to check some more details so I can reissue this for you.

Staff, 12:43pm

I'm just checking those details for you Customer, like I said. Bear with me please.

Staff, 12:48pm

Thanks for waiting! There's an issue with the Openreach records of your line and so we need to raise this with our suppliers to have resolved.

Staff, 12:48pm

I've raised this now and we should have an update for you in the next few working days.

A manager won't be able to do anything further than I have I'm afraid, this is the situation with the line.

Manager, 1:11pm

I am really sorry about this, Customer, but I'm afraid the information and timescales staff have given you are correct. I would not be able to be in touch with Openreach and ask them to speed this up. This reason for this is because it is a system issue that's stopping us from bring the service over to ourselves and we cannot speed up the resolution for these kinds of issues

Manager, 1:12pm

That is something I can do but Openreach will not speed this up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tiredeyes
Grafter

Another load of BS from PlusNet staff.

Anyone at PlusNet could have rang OpenReach and gotten this sorted, they failed to do so because they're lazy.

How about the fact that my order sat in the FAILED column for two weeks before anyone even noticed, in fact if I hadn't spoken to them today, it'd still be completely unnoticed.

Explain that one .... Roll_eyes

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Good evening, 

I'm sorry you feel that more could have been done unfortunately this is an occasion where we cannot push this further with Openreach at this stage, we have set Service Level Agreements with them for the way we contact them and the way they action issues we notify them of, if we contacted Openreach to push this ahead, we would be turned back by the agents we would speak to and told to wait until we had given ample time for an issue to be resolved.

The agent and manager you did speak to have raised an escalation with Openreach over the order failures to have your line records corrected, as it stands, no provider can take over your line in it's current state which is something that needs resolving, once the line records are updated we can place a new takeover request which will bring your line over to us 14 days later(The minimum notice period we must give the previous line provider per takeover order placed). The people who you did speak to earlier today are very knowledgeable provisioning agents and I can promise you they will do everything possible to rectify this as soon as possible.

In regards to the order failures not being picked up, I am taking a look into this and will follow up internally to avoid future situations.

If there is anything we can do via the forums for you in the mean-time, please let us know and we'll do our best to help out

tiredeyes
Grafter

14 [-Censored-] days, please tell me you're joking, 14 [-Censored-] days !!!!

WHY, WHY, WHY the hell should it take 14 days, it had better not take 14 days.

So goddam sick of [-Censored-] service, it's like everyone just can't be [-Censored-] to pick up a phone and speak to the relevant department and get things moving forward, like it's just far too much trouble for the phone staff to think.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Avoidance of swear filter removed as per forum rule.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The 14 day lead time to take over an active service is something set by Ofcom, who regulate the industry as this allows the other provider to cancel our order should it be on someone else's line and not your own,this prevents what is called slamming where a provider cuts off someone that is not their customer in error. This isn't a choice we make and must be adhered to by all providers.

In regards to picking up a phone and speaking with Openreach, the escalation that was raised today goes to a higher level than the standard front line agents or their managers we would speak to initially when calling them and will get dealt with much sooner than anything they can do as it is an escalation and not just a standard request to fix service.

As i mentioned above, everything that can be done so far has been done and everything that can be done going ahead will be done also. At this exact moment in time there isn't anything ourselves or any other ISP could do to speed up the records issue, but this will be dealt with as quickly as it possibly can.

I am more than happy to keep you updated via these forums if you wish and will check up on the progress of the task first thing Monday morning, once the matter is resolved, our provisioning team can look into what we can offer as an apology for the delays you've had.

tiredeyes
Grafter

I would appreciate you keeping me up to date as no one else seems to be checking anything, just allowing stuff to happen, as I'm just a number.

I can tell you that my previous service with BT was cancelled on the 21st so I really hope Plusnet activate my service asap, as the 14 days has already passed (I was told by plusnet representative it was 7 days not 14) I've been waiting for months for service to my new home, months and I've just about had enough.

stop servicestop service

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll make sure you know everything as it goes ahead Smiley 

In regards to BT stopping service, that may be partly what's caused some of these issues, as your phone line shows fully active still with BT however when a takeover is placed, one of Openreach's systems states that there is no asset, as in the line is not live, it seems part of the cease order may not have gone through the Openreach systems correctly.

The broadband service however has been removed from your line and currently it's only a phone line that's apparently active, I've checked the case today but with it being a weekend it won't be progressed as the teams who deal with these are Monday to Friday within Openreach, as soon as something comes back I'll let you know and our provisioning team can get new orders in place.

The good news however, if the line is stopped, means we can restart the phone in 24 hours then just order broadband service, but this all depends on how the records are left after being corrected.

tiredeyes
Grafter

I'm hoping for some good news, I appreciate your time and effort here, I really do.

I cancelled my BT service (phone & BB) because of a terrible service (product & customer) and have decided to go with plusnet who have "promised" me I can get fibre BB.

BT were being awkward with me wanting to dump them and wanted to keep my account open while they sorted out my complaint and therefore stopping PN taking over, so I told them to cancel immediately as I wanted to go with PN and the promise of fibre broadband ASAP.

So over the last two months I've had no broadband other than my mobile data (£100 worth) and a weeks worth of pitiful copper BB, I'm coming to the end of my tether with it all, particularly the ability of customer services operative to completely FU an order, time and again.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good Afternoon, 

We've had a response from Openreach asking for some data about the order that was sent to them so they can further check in their systems, I am getting this data now and will send it over to them, once this issue has been corrected I'll get the new orders in place right away.