cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please can you open a bridge case

crazyfugu

Please can you open a bridge case

My broadband and telephone was with Plusnet, I ordered FTTP on 5th October from BT. Was told a week or two later that I would need an engineer. Engineer came, said I needed a planner. Planner came and said I'd need work done before fibre could be installed.

Tel moved over to BT 17th October. Cease tag on the line since then. Cancelled broadband with Plusnet service ended 27th November. Tags still on the line. Requested removal by BT & Plusnet (On phone for one hour every night to BT). Called Plusnet who said the following message is on the system :- "Please be advised that the suppliers have informed that this cease light order is waiting for associated migration order(bt order) (BBEU27554240) to be completed. Once the associated migration order is completed, this order is will be completed respectively." BT temp copper order keeps failing. Have had no broadband since 28th October. Constant calls to BT & Plusnet. Please help.

Can you cancel the migration order and put a cease on instead or open a bridge case and remove the tags. I'm very frustrated as I need broadband desperately, I'm in a rural location and very little mobile signal. Thanks Lynsey
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Please can you open a bridge case

Hi Lynsey.

I've had a look into this, checking your telephone number and I can see no TAGS presently on the line.

It looks like the open cease order is due to your new providers order progressing. As the migration order is beyond the expected completion date, it's past point of no return so we're not able to cancel it I'm afraid.

This is something that your new provider needs to investigate. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
crazyfugu

I have temporarily cancelled my FTTP order so Plusnet can close the cease on their side. Plusnet say it has closed and they have spoken to bt wholesale and confirmed it, but when BT call BT Wholesale they say Plusnet must call them directly to remove the tags.
Tags queries raised by both Plusnet and BT. BT Wholesale say that Plusnet must call to have the tags removed. Plusnet say BT must raise another tags query. A bridge case has been opened but that did not work either. I am on the phone for over an hour every night and this just goes on and on. I wish to have some sort of internet access. I have attached a screenshot of the latest tags check... Plusnet still say they have the line!

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed copy of 1st post to make things a bit clearer

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Personal information removed from attachment.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Our tag is on your line, because we're still providing a service. The migration order (FTTP) didn't complete. It could've been delayed for a number of reasons, but your new provider should be able to advise of the reason for the delay.

As the FTTP order is cancelled, your new provider should be able to place another order now (ADSL or FTTP), to migrate your service to them. When that completes, our tags should be removed and their tags put on the line.

The likely reason why they couldn't place the ADSL order before would be because only one order can exist on the supplier systems at any one time.

With all that said, have you thought about staying with us? We can offer you FTTP if you sign up here.

Also and I'm not in the office now so I can't double check things, but as we're still providing an ADSL service you should be able to connect through us. Which lights are lighting up on your router?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
crazyfugu

My router has had the red light on internet since 28th November. My account is deleted.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies I've just had a look into your account and I can see that now.

It looks like we've ceased the service on our side as of today so your new provider should be able to place a new provide order now. Our customer relations team will be in touch to follow up shortly too.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet