cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please, Somebody help me...

vesidia

Please, Somebody help me...

Hello!

Very long winded story here but ive been without internet for a couple weeks now and since i dont use aerial TV etc, our home is very silent and we are unable to do anything. Its awefully depressing in the evenings.

My partner had a plusnet account, in her name (gojix) which was meant to be ending the 6th of April and BT were to take over and provide service. The internet stopped working on the 6th bang on, but BT did not supply internet. BT messed me around constantly for 2 weeks. At first, saying the openreach engineer was double booked, and to call back in 48 hours to rebook, they repeated this with me for 2 weeks where i was ringing back every 48 hours to be given the same excuse, zero progress made so i cancelled.

I opened up a new order with plusnet, however this time in my name (vesidia) and spoke with plusnet customer support on friday 16th april. I was advised that since plusnet still 'owned' the line, they coulp temporarily reactivate my partners account (gojix) until my activation date for the vesidia account in may so i would have internet. Excellent news, by now i was desperate for internet. It didnt work, was told technical support would call me back before friday closing at 8pm. Nobody did

Satuday 17th I call up to explain nobody contacted me, im asked to do the same reset router for 15 seconds, log into the router and enter my username and password in the router for the previous Gojix account. Orange router light, solid orange B on router. No change.

They said I would be called back, but this time it would take 72 hours maximum, including the weekend. Not wanting to miss out on finally having this error fixed i waited in all weekend and told my work i wouldnt be in monday, incase the call came. It didnt.

I rang plusnet Tuesday 20th April. An advisor said he would 100% get me back online immediatly, and that he would activate the new, vesidia account, immediatly. Thus, ending the need for the gojix account. The line and broadband was activated there and then, we now log into the router with my new user name and password. Same error. Im asked to reset router, re enter log in etc. Technical support say somebody will call me back from the faults team, but hopefully the new router would fix it.

The new Router arrived yesterday, hoping this would fix it i plugged it in, tried to log in, same orange solid light, solid orange b. Rang customer services who put me through to technical, who also asked me to reset router etc again. Before being told the faults team will call me back in 72 hours (from the tuesday call). Its been almost 72 hours and no call, i fear i will have to contact plusnet again myself, be told to reset my router once more and wait patiently for days for a call which most likely wont come.

From my understanding, the router is failing the PPP credentials handshake. Up until the original account for plusnet ended on the 6th april, the internet worked perfect. Obviously something was done to switch off the plusnet broadband otherwise it would of kept working. It seems to be as simple as reversing this, reactivating it to come back online.

Absolutely nobody will take ownership of this problem and help me, Ive been told horror stories that this is what will happen for the next few months, where plusnet advisors and technical support will keep passing me around, making me no longer their problem.

Please, please, please help me. Im sick to death of trying to beg people to help me provide a service i desperatly need

Thank you for reading

3 REPLIES 3
vesidia

Re: Please, Somebody help me...

To add*

After speaking with friends who are more knowledgable than myself, they have suggested that the problem lies in the point where bt/openreach hand me off onto the plusnet network, stopping plusnet from being able to autheticate my access to the internet. And its normally a very simple and straightforward fix, no idea if this is any help but im getting to the point of desperation im trying to solve this issue myself as nobody from either plusnet or BT is willing to do anything other than pass me around

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
vesidia

had to ring plusnet again this morning

Was making very good progress with the faults team, who seemed to know what he was doing and said it could be authorised by another team and he'd transfer me with notes and get it sorted. Fantastic.

Unfortunatly, i arrived with  [CSA Removed] from sheffield. I understand how it is with the pandemic but the television in the background overpowered her, she was very, very uninterested in the situation and after less than a minute said she'd need to speak to faults she'd be back in a moment, but transferred me back to faults, giving no explanation of the situation, passed through to a faults team member who had no clue what was going on (this wasnt his fault)and i was forced to go through all the process all over again.

I now have an engineer booked out from openreach, but ill be suprised if they turn up/fix anything at this point. I've lost all hope in this situation

Moderators Note: CSA name removed as per Forum rules