Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placed an order today

FIXED
baja2215
Dabbler

Placed an order today

So order placed today and got an update late in the day saying my appointment (didn't know I was getting one) is on 21st September. Also got a 2nd email telling me the appointment has been changed (but no actual change!) oh and I can't keep my phone number. Further to this I have an email from Sky telling me my service will end on 16th.

1) This doesn't seem like the right start ... nowhere near 10 days.

2) Broken promises.

3) So much for no down-time in my broadband service - I work from home!

I'll certainly be on the phone to them tomorrow to hopefully sort this out. Anybody else had this sort of problem?

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Placed an order today

baja2215
Dabbler

I spoke to sombody yesterday who confirmed the phone line will not disconnect until the 21st but I had to ring Sky to check the broadband service - and I can't say I'm totally satisfied with the bumbling hesitant response I got. They (Sky) wouldn't even send me a written confirmation (email or otherwise) to confirm the date.

I only hope Plusnet can check again re the broadband status (since that's the important one - I can't be without broadband for 5 days).

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

The phone and broadband orders have been placed as SIM2 orders, meaning that they are both set for the same day. I've just double checked both of them and they are set for the 21st.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
baja2215
Dabbler

Much appreciated - set my mind at ease.