Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping Customer Services / Provisioning / Order Dept Managers

moansalot13
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Ping Customer Services / Provisioning / Order Dept Managers

This is now getting beyond a joke  - order placed for phone and FTTC 80/20 - Installation finally arranged for 16th Aug  - Open reach Engineer installed phone and FTTC - but reported an outside underground fault  - which he advised should be corrected in 2-3 day at most   - following day 17th rec'd message that service/install had been delayed -  subsequent msg's  indicated that some issues with Coding !! on BT end -   provisioning contacted who  advised that Line fault was booked to be investigated 26th Aug ( 10 days after initial install)  - no notification anything resolved ( line still has regular clicks (ie not a quiet line) 

Advised on 29th Aug that activation had taken place  - however subsequently when trying to check phone bill online   ( no data / info  indicating  line not active. - Indeed Help desk advised that Line still not been handed over by BT to Plusnet - why that information was not available to helpdesk  astounds me. ( having been chasing re poor FTTC d/l speeds ) if phone line not handed over - chances of getting b/band speed anyway close to estimated 75-80mbps is unlikely.

also rec'd msg that my next bill will be due on  16/9  - opportunist if I don't apparently have a Plusnet phone line yet

these delays have continued well past the 14 day cooling off period allowed  - original signup 3 rd August  - but if they continue much longer I'm going to be tempted to cancel my contract and you can whistle for any money owed

I'm a longtime plusnet customer indeed currently paying for 2 ADSL accounts  - but basis my current experience I will not be making any recommendation's  - the forum posts  also don't leave a warm and fuzzy feeling  - reporting lotss of issues and poor support feedback.  

refer tickets 13230927 / 13285393 and recent post in Broadband / Phone and FTTC forums under this ID

3 REPLIES 3
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: Ping Customer Services / Provisioning / Order Dept Managers

Hi moansalot13,

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding this issue on you order. I can see from looking into this that is an issue with the phone side of your order and we need to book an engineer visit to resolve this for you. Can you please respond to the ticket i have sent to you in this link https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=132320927 with 3 dates you are available and time between 8am-1pm or 1pm-6pm so I can get this booked in for you.

moansalot13
Rising Star

Thanks BenB   and RobinW  at Leeds helpdesk for previous assistance 

FYG  engineer called this morning  ( FTTC Provisioning guy)   Almost first words were "no idea why i've been booked  - line is already installed / working"   )  He confirmed that the Line fault reported on initial install date of 16/8 Still exists  - Underground engineer appeared 15 min later  - between them they located line earthing fault to a position beneath pavement 30 yards away from house  - which now requires the visitation of a road gang to dig up pavement and fix fault could be another few days before that happens 😞   ( now 4 weeks since initial install mentioned the Line issue - meanwhile FTTC connection is  very still poor and will remain so until line fault is rectified. 

According to Plusnet provisioning section the line fault was booked for investigation / fixing ( engineer to undertake ) on 26th August !! - this is now 2 weeks further on and fault still exists 

However it now appears that BT have handed over the line ( this time ) as Phone bill details are appearing in my account  less than 2 hrs after engineer visit - though not sure why bill is showing a full months rental  for the 8 days period ie today 8th Sep to 16th Sept ( next billing date-period) - suspect more help desk calls will be needed in due course to get that resolved.

moansalot13
Rising Star

A follow up

Provisioning engineer arrived last thusrsday ( 2nd one) - why have i been called out phone is already installed !! 

Closely followed by a outside/underground engineer - between them they found / located the underground fault that was reported on initial install 16/8  ( which was supposed to be investigated on 26th Aug !! )

They placed an X marked the spot on pavement outside a neighbours house and left advising a road crew would attend at some point to fix the earth leakage fault.

This time around my phone was handed over to PLusnet within about 3 hrs max of there visit.

However I still have the line fault identified on 16 Aug and until that is rectified I have a Poor  ( average circa 50mps d/l speed on my FTTC) versus estimated 78-80 mbps service i signed up for almost 1 month ago.

Question  - do I need to report a phone fault again or is  it still work in progress with BT / Plusnet - some follow up from Support would be appreciated

FTI refer ticket  132320927  - which was closed by support - however the line fault that referred to is still unresolved so suspect it need to be re-instated