cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone switch tomorrow, broadband day after

Jani

Phone switch tomorrow, broadband day after

My phone switching date is tomorrow and broadband the day after. Will I have internet between the phone switching and the broadband connection, I have an online interview tomorrow.
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Phone switch tomorrow, broadband day after

@Jani It's normal for both the phone and broadband to switch on the same day, although the broadband can take a little longer than the phone.

Does the message about the Broadband switch say 'by midnight on 12/11..' by any chance ?

If so, in PlusNet speak that really means by 00:00 on 12/11. So in reality, any time up to midnight tomorrow.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jani

It says request to transfer phone number to plusnet on the 11th and broadband to go live on the 12th, your order could complete any time up to midnight on this date.  if my phone is transferred tomorrow I‘m presuming there will be a gap in my access to the internet and as I won’t know the timing it could impact on my interview.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I suspect that means that your broadband will switch by midnight tomorrow. Chances are that there will be some gap in your internet access though. Phone transfers usually happen fairly early in the day and then the broadband switch a little later. It can take time for the transfer complete  notification to get from BT openreach to Plusnet for them to activate your account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jani

Thanks for your help.