Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone service and broadband activated at different times

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Phone service and broadband activated at different times

I don't think the occasional drop will affect how DLM treats your line but regular or frequent drops will likely.

With stability and time DLM may provide your line a 3dB target again.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
champ388
Grafter

I'll keep an eye on things. I had a dropout at 10:50am this morning for a minute or two. I haven't been at the house much since Friday 29th June (so just before my switchover date) as I've been looking after my mum's house while she was on holiday. I've popped back and forth to mine to check the broadband speeds but I wouldn't have known if the connection had been dropping out.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @champ38,

I have looked at your connedction and can see you have had 2 drops over the last 3 days, which is within what we would expect. Please continue to monitor and lets us know if this does increase.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
champ388
Grafter

Will do, thank you. I'm curious to know why the connection would drop.

I'd like to rule out a cap on my speed at this point; I think I read other posts about other people's speeds that were mistakenly capped. I'd like to rule out other causes at this point so that the only remaining factor is the DLM.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

“Caps” are rarely ever “mistakes” they are applied to keep lines stable in the presence of one issue or another. If you want a view on your lines performance please post a full set of router stats.

Raw speed is not everything - the connection needs to be stable and have a low error profile ... which does require a graded speed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

From what I can see there's no banding or cap on your line:

"Profile Name0.128M-80M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off"

Looks like you're now at a 3dB SNR too giving you a sync rate of 59.6mbps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
champ388
Grafter

Speeds are looking more healthy tonight. Ran a wired speed test and download was approximately 59.5Mb and upload was approximately 9.5Mb. Wireless speeds aren't as good even though I'm sat less than a metre away from the Hub One. I might give my old BT Smart Hub 6 a try.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @champ388,

I'm glad to hear that the speeds are starting to look more healthy through a wired connection. In regards to the wireless, this won't always be able to achieve the same kind of speeds that you're able to achieve through wired connections, however if you do seem to be having any issues it's worth clicking here and going through our guide for getting the most out of your wireless signal.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
champ388
Grafter

I setup my BT Smart Hub 6 this evening and already the upload speed has increased to 11.2Mb over wireless, which is strange because only yesterday the upload speed was about 9.5Mb via with Hub One. Download is still hovering at 59.5Mb. The downstream is 68.25Mbps and upstream is 11.19Mbps. I'll keep the Smart Hub 6 plugged in to avoid the DLM suspecting instability on my line.

champ388
Grafter

Great news - I ran a speed test this morning and my download speed is back up to 64.4Mb.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Glad to hear this @champ388

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet