cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working since 1Apr

jamesgovan38

Phone not working since 1Apr

I'm writing on behalf of my elderly grandfather.  We switched his phone provider to Plusnet on 20 March and also ordered broadband so he can video call from an old ipad we intend to give to him.  He has had little to no communication on when the switch will happen except for "between 10-15 days".  It has now been 17 days, and his landline phone has not been working for almost a week (1st Apr was when we def knew it stopped working).

He cannot make or receive any calls, and doesn't have a mobile phone. He is by himself with no means of communication, so we are now getting worried for him.  He has not yet received his router either.  I have tried phoning the helpline to get a very unhelpful "we cant take your call", the Live Chat isn't working either.  Does anyone know what the hold up might be, and what we can do in the mean time?

TIA

5 REPLIES 5
Temac
Dabbler

Re: Phone not working since 1Apr

Join the queue. Although Plusnet say they are looking after their most vulnerable customers, these appear to be empty words when they don't answer and emails or phone calls.

I'm looking at BroadbandChoices to find an alternative. Most other providers seem to have no problem answering the phone.

If Plusnet cannot provide the services that you have paid for, then you will owe them nothing and can claim back any fees paid from your bank or credit card company (then cancel your order).

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, can you send me a PM with the username of the affected account please so I can look into that for you and make sure we're doing all we can? - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Temac
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

I managed to make contact with CS and I'm well on the way to be sorted out. But I think the OP could do with some help.

Cheers,

Nick

jamesgovan38

Thank you for replying, I have sent you a PM.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @jamesgovan38, thanks for the PM.

I have provided a further response over on your Facebook PM.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team