Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line today, Fibre tomorrow?

pulham
Hooked

Phone line today, Fibre tomorrow?

Hi there,
My phone line transfered early this morning and seems to be all working OK, thanks. But just noticed that the broadband is due for transfer tomorrow (sorry, didn't notice on the order email/texts) . Is that normal? Can it be moved to today, or is that a BT thing? My work at home day won't be involving much work today otherwise, which may sound good but will just mean double tomorrow!
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Phone line today, Fibre tomorrow?

@pulham Hi,

But just noticed that the broadband is due for transfer tomorrow

My guess is that it says 'by midnight 04-Sept' . It really means by 00:00 on 04-Sept i.e by midnight tonight! it's just bad wording and in reality your BB should be activated today.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @pulham,

Sorry for any concern that the broadband activation date has caused. @MisterW is correct in that what this means is that your broadband will be up and running by 00:00 on 04/09 and that the order will complete at some point today. I'm sorry for that the notification is unclear about this and I'll pass feedback on.

I've checked on the progress of your broadband order and can see that it had completed on our supplier's side but the activation was still in process on our side. I've manually closed this off now and your broadband should be up and running right away.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
pulham
Hooked

Many thanks for both your and @MisterW replies,

Can confirm it's all up and running now. 

I've attached a screenshot of the text(s) I received. Possibly it's just the way I interpreted them, but maybe something like, '...by 23.59 03/08/2018', would be better and save a few posts here?

This isn't a complaint - just a suggestion for your feedback team.

Thanks again

Screenshot_20180903-104448.jpg

pulham
Hooked

or even 03/09/2018 - just noticed I put the wrong month in.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Glad to hear you're up and running now. Thumbs_Up

Thanks for the feedback, I believe Emily's passed this on.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet