cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line switched but no router delivered I HAVE AN INTERVIEW AND NEED INTERNET

efy3atc

Phone line switched but no router delivered I HAVE AN INTERVIEW AND NEED INTERNET

After no communication my Internet stopped working this morning and I got a message from plusnet to say they have activated my line. I checked with my old provider and my contract with them has been cancelled due to plusnet taking over the line. I have not received a router and have had no communication about this. I have tweeted, sent a dn, sent a Facebook message and have had no response. I have a job interview via video call on Monday but I have no working Internet and no idea if it will be working but I guess with no router it won't be. This is awful service and I am massively annoyed and disappointed
11 REPLIES 11
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Phone line switched but no router delivered I HAVE AN INTERVIEW AND NEED INTERNET

PlusNet don't insist on you using their router. If your old supplier was BT , then its likely possible to reuse your old router.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Emilia

Re: Phone line switched but no router delivered I HAVE AN INTERVIEW AND NEED INTERNET

I ordered broadband from plusnet 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing since. Router was supposed to have been delivered and line connected by now.
Today my last supplier disconnected me the Internet. 😡😡😡
It takes is a very long and I do not any email with information what with my Internet.
Fee charged but router not delivery😡
efy3atc

My old supplier was post office and the router is saying there is no Internet so I can't see how I can get it to connect to plus net
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

What model router was the Post Office one ?

If it's the Zyxel 3925 then this https://community.plus.net/t5/Tech-Help-Software-Hardware-etc/Problems-setting-up-a-Zyxel-router/td-... should help

The plusnet username is your account name followed by @plusdsl.net and the password is the one you use to login to the member centre

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

efy3atc

It's a 1302
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

That should be able to be configured, as long as you haven't moved to  a Fibre product.

efy3atc

Ah I have moved to fibre, does that mean I need the plusnet one?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, the 1302 isn't Fibre(vdsl) compatible I'm afraid.

efy3atc

OK, thanks for your help anyway. I guess it's back to harassing plusnet and getting annoyed!
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @efy3atc, I have tried to contact you regarding this; I have provided a further response on the account here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Emilia, I have also tried to contact you regarding your query and have provided a response on your ticket here for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team