cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line release delaying broadband

Mo959
Hooked

Phone line release delaying broadband

Hi - hoping someone from Plusnet can let me know whether my broadband is likely to go live today. It was scheduled for yesterday but I got a text to say it was delayed and found out that sky had not released my phone line. BT were supposed to be escalating this to sky. I haven’t heard anything today and there is nothing when I log in to my account.

I have an open query 226851896.

I work from home so struggling a bit with phone data that is not unlimited (sky switched their service off on Monday) just wondering if someone could give me an update please. Many thanks Smiley

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from the automatic spam filter

7 REPLIES 7
Mo959
Hooked

Re: Phone line release delaying broadband

A week later and still no service 😔 update due from plusnet tomorrow and issue has apparently been escalated since the external work was carried out by open reach on Monday. I actually spoke to the engineer and no external work was required, line is showing as ceased by sky but is still active or something…….
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,605

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the delay with your order. I've chased this up with our suppliers helpdesk and the adviser's explained to me that the work to bring your phone line across to us has since been completed, but the engineering work to activate your fibre service hasn't actually been done yet, which is why the order appears in a delayed state.

The order's being passed across to another external engineer, but due to resourcing issues with the long bank holiday weekend, I'm afraid that the earliest date which they've been able to arrange this for is the 2nd September. 

Genuinely sorry for how long it's taking. We'll be able to offer you compensation due to this as we're signed up to Ofcom's automatic compensation scheme we go into detail about here https://www.plus.net/autocomp

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mo959
Hooked

2nd September!!! 😳 the email message I had on Tues from Plusnet was this was supposed to have already been escalated.

I work from home for the nhs, have a very ‘smart’ home and am really struggling at the moment to run what I need from my iPhone as a hotspot.

I would be grateful if this could be pursued again seeing as I have already been without as this is my 10th day with no service. Sky switched their broadband off last Monday and Plusnet was due to go live on Tuesday.
Auto compensation is fine but doesn’t help me now 😔
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Ut sounds like you cancelled with Sky, at the same time ordered with PN?

Mo959
Hooked

I didn’t contact sky, I did the usual switch via new provider (plusnet) sky had changed my line to a VoIP line which confused things and meant plusnet had to do a manual switch. It seems to be a common problem and I was assured it would all be fine but on the day of my service going live I had text saying there was a delay and it’s all gone from there 😩
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Ah ok, alas there does seem to have been a couple of examples of that happening. 

Hopefully now you have ac staff member on here helping all goes well.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 222

Hi there, I've checked your account and it looks like your service with us is now up and running. Please do shout up if there's any issues though.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team