cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line installed last Thursday - router dispatch?

colorado1
Hooked

Phone line installed last Thursday - router dispatch?

My phone line was installed last week, but as yet no sign of my router being dispatched. Any information on hoe long this takes after install? My original order was placed on Feb 15th, so I'm eager to get things going....

14 REPLIES 14
colorado1
Hooked

Re: Phone line installed last Thursday - router dispatch?

Can any PlusNet staff help with this please
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

The router will arrive with you a couple of days prior to the activation of the broadband service. The broadband order has only just been placed, seemingly following a call into our support centre?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

colorado1
Hooked

I know, frustrating as I actually ordered service over a month ago - it’s been a very bumpy ride to here. Now the border has been placed, how long does it normally take to get it activated?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

About 5 working days, so odds are it will be a week today, or thereabouts. Sorry to hear it's been such a struggle to get you this far.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

colorado1
Hooked

Thanks for the advice - do it looks like I have an activation date. Will I also receive a notification of the router being shipped too?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The commit date won't be returned by our suppliers for another day or two. Yes, you'll receive email and possibly text notification. Note that the delivery estimates in the notices are pretty conservative, and the device will probably arrive in a shorter time frame.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

colorado1
Hooked

Sorry for the stream of questions - can you take a look at my account. It’s showing an activation date of 23/3/18. It’s in the support questions. Is this the “commit date”?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Yep that's the committed date.

Your service should activate at any point up to midnight then.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
colorado1
Hooked

So I had to call again because despite the committed date best set, there was no router automatically ordered. The rep placed a manual router order, but has been sat in a "processing" state for a little while now. Is there a way to get this order processed so the router will ship and I will have the hardware in time for the activation date... Every step has required me to call up and manually push things forward...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

Routers are ordered 2 working days before the committed date.

There's no reason why automation wouldn't have sent it automatically today or tomorrow, but I can see an agent has manually placed the order yesterday. We'll get it to you as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
colorado1
Hooked

We contacted PlusNet again today and was told it would be dispatched today - the router is still showing as processing. Well over a month (15th Feb was when I ordered service) and I've had to chase up on every single step. Please can you ensure that the router is shipped....

Chat transcript promising dispatch today (which didn't happen)

[CSA Removed]:
Your router has been order and w2ill be dispatched today looking at our suppliers systems .

Me: Great - do you have a tracking number for this
[CSA Removed]:
The routers are sent via royal mail first class and are not tracked .

Me: I'm just a little frustrated with this whole process as it has taken over a month to get a phone line installed and broadband activated and for every step of the way I have had to intervene as your process hasn't worked correctly. Can you send me a screenshot of the system that you are looking at so that I know it is being mailed today?
Simon Moss: I'd just like to know it's actually been sent rather than finding out on the activation date that it hasn't
[CSA Removed]:
I cannot send you a screenshot of our systems .

If you would like to keep a copy of our chat today, simply click the + icon at the bottom of the chat and you can e-mail this chat to yourself.

Me: and that we can't activate

Me: ok thank you
Me: But your system is showing that they are going in the first class post today
[CSA Removed]:
yes

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Duplicate post released from Spam Filter and removed.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If the router was manually ordered around 1pm today, then I wouldn't expect it to show dispatched until this evening (21st)/possibly tomorrow morning. I'd expect it to arrive in your Royal Mail post run on the 22nd. It will physically leave the warehouse today.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

colorado1
Hooked

Thanks, it was manually ordered on the 19th and I was told it would ship that day which it didn't. I contacted support again on the 20th and told it would ship that evening, its now the 21st.... still not shipped... *sigh* 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Apologies for the issues you have had @colorado1

The router is now showing as dispatched on the system and I would expect you to be in receipt of it shortly.

Let us know if you need any further assistance

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team