cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line installation failed, but account says it's ok

FIXED
PeteMD

Phone line installation failed, but account says it's ok

Hi there, I am new customer and an engineer came this morning to install a new phone line as I was moving from Virgin.  He left without demonstrating that it works - and it doesn't. 

I have a dialling tone, but when I try to call the number it doesn't ring (on either this or my old virgin line).  And when I try to dial out I get a message saying "the number you have dialled is unobtainable", whatever number I dial.  

I've tried 2 different phones in the socket, and it's the same for both.  In other words, the engineer has left me without a working phone line .  

Can't get through to customer services on the phone, and facebook message not responded to, but my Plusnet account is saying all is well - that both phone and broadband should be working.  

Please help!  

4 REPLIES 4
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Phone line installation failed, but account says it's ok

Try dialling 17070 - this should tell you your phone number.

You can also try the options given of:

Option 1 is Ringback

Option 2 is Quiet line

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

PeteMD

Thanks for replying. The quiet line test seemed fine. 

But we now know that we've been allocated a different number from the one showing in my Plusnet account (and which Virgin released today).  But even that number doesn't ring (or ringback when I pressed 1), and we can't dial out. 

So it's a fail all round. 

PeteMD

I got through to support this evening and apparently we have a "crossed line" so an engineer is booked to come out on Friday.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Fix

Hi @PeteMD

Glad this got booked in for you - please let us know if there's anything else you need.

Best wishes

Dave