cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line has been activated and engineer due to call but no router has arrived as yet?!

cmeczes

Phone line has been activated and engineer due to call but no router has arrived as yet?!

Can you help please? If it's no point waiting in, I need to get to work!

5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Phone line has been activated and engineer due to call but no router has arrived as yet?!

Welcome to the community forums @cmeczes

Phone line has been activated

I'm sorry to say that is unfortunately not correct.

Looking at your account our initial request to port the number failed and then the automated system that was supposed to place your order did not progress any further.

I'm really sorry to see you have not been contacted to advise of any problems with the orders, however the router has not been sent as there are currently no orders progressing.

I'm going to go over the account in a bit more detail and try and get the orders placed manually. I'll provide an update via your account shortly.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this causes, however the services should still currently be active with the current provider.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cmeczes

Re: Phone line has been activated and engineer due to call but no router has arrived as yet?!

So I've been sitting here since 8am for no reason and no one thought they should let me know? 

My other service will stop shortly as they knew I was changing providers...

The reason I thought this was still happening as when I logged into my account, the status says phone lined changed, engineer calling between 8am and 1pm. I appreciate you apologising but this is really [-Censored-].

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@HarryB wrote:
I'm going to go over the account in a bit more detail and try and get the orders placed manually. I'll provide an update via your account shortly.

What I'd said in my initial response isn't quite right upon further investigation.

@cmeczes wrote:

My other service will stop shortly as they knew I was changing providers...

The reason I thought this was still happening as when I logged into my account, the status says phone lined changed

The orders I checked were based off of the number that the account was signed up on, however looking in to this further I see we did send an email off advising we couldn't retain the requested number and instead proceeded with a new number.

I've found the orders on the new number we will be providing and they are due to complete today.

I'm not entirely sure why your account online shows the phone is active, as the order is currently still showing a committed state and due to complete today.

I'm also unsure as to why you've been notified of an engineer appointment to install the broadband, as this is done remotely. However the wording on the screenshot you've provided is correct in that your broadband is due to activate today and it could activate any time up until midnight.

Regarding the router not arriving, I really do wish there were more I could do, however I've now made sure this is on it's way to you. Although we have to advise 3-5 working days for delivery, they're sent out first class post and generally arrive sooner. If you currently have a VDSL router that isn't locked to an internet provider, you should still be able to get online, however it may require some manual set up. The settings for this can be found here.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cmeczes

In between all this my internet with my old provider has now ceased and they cannot reactivate it without setting up a new contract, so I now have to go for however long without internet. I've also missed half a days work for no reason as you say it's all done remotely...

This is really shoddy guys and doesn't give me much confidence for the next 18 months that I've signed up with you for.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

Just as a follow up, I can see you connected up on the 15th. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.