cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line and BB not activated

Eric1234

Phone line and BB not activated

Openreach completed new line installation on morning of 25Feb. I was advised after a couple of hours of inactivity by CSA that they were waiting for Openreach Engineer to close the job on the infrastructure systems. But that they fully expected services to be activated by Midnight 26Feb. Well midnight has come and gone, and .....nothing!!! So have no Phone line and no BB. Engineer effectively disconnected the Virgin phone line I had by splicing the Openreach cable to the legacy Virgin cables to avoid having to drill another hole into the house. Not a great experience, communications are poor, and when you phone it's a 20 min wait....if someone at Plusnet can get back to me first thing Saturday morning...that'll be great!!
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Eric1234

Re: Phone line and BB not activated

Had a chat with Provisioning Team who have escalated. Ticket updated with following:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Advisor informed that the engineer was unable to complete the job due to faulty Distribution
side and the order is passed to the 15 LINE PLANT PLANDO to look for alternate solution. It
will take 2 working days
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++±++

Is this 2 days to just identify an alternative solution or to identify and implement solution? Who are 15 Line Plant PlanDo? I can't be without a landline for this extended period of time!!
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Thanks for getting back to us @Eric1234, I appreciate it. The 2 working days lead time is for an engineer to attend the site and provide a report on what further work is needed along with a new estimated review for a further update.

Our provisioning will check the engineers report and come back to you with an update at that time.

Please get back to me if there is anything else I can help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Eric1234

How long is this likely to happen? 30 day Notice for disconnection had already been given to existing provider, Virgin a while before I placed the order with Plusnet. This disconnection is imminent. Can this issue please be escalated and prioritised for faster resolution.

Thanks.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good afternoon @Eric1234

Thanks a lot for getting in touch. If you have a look at Ticket 222341861, my colleague provided an update, advising that the job is currently in the process of being assigned to one of Openreach's multi-skilled engineers to visit the site and try to resolve the issues with the order. 

Until then, we can't really do much other than wait for the engineer notes. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Eric1234

Has the problem been fixed and my Plusnet Services going live today? My Virgin service is due to be disconnected. Please advise. Thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Eric1234 I'm really sorry that the order is still in delay, I've just checked with our supplier Openreach and they've advised that there's a faulty section of line that needs to be replaced before the service can be activated for you, the line plant work for that is due to take place by the end of the day on the 4th (Friday) so we should have an update for you on that soon.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team