cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line activated at wrong address

Charlie3

Phone line activated at wrong address

I've signed up for phone and broadband from Plusnet for my new house, the phone line has been activated and the broadband is in progress. The problem is the phone line which has been activated is actually for the cottage next to mine which has a similar address but is empty at the moment.

I'm struggling to get in touch with someone at Plusnet to explain the problem, I have called 0800 432 0200 at various times but I get placed in a queue with an alleged 60 minute wait time which is unacceptable.

I tried the online chat, after giving all the details I was told to call 0800 432 0200.

Does anyone know what times 0800 432 0200 is open, I see conflicting information online? And also what time would be best to call so that I can actually speak to someone?

4 REPLIES 4
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Phone line activated at wrong address

There is no good time really to try and contact on the phone at the moment. I read someone was waiting 90 minutes the other day and most people say from 20 to 60 minute wait. You can try using this page to try and wok out when is best to call.

Mark

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm really sorry to hear we activated your line at the wrong address. Unfortunately this would be due to the last provider of the property next to you having incorrectly registered that address on the Openreach systems.

I can see we've ceased the line, and placed an order for a new provide, which will mean that it'll go to a survey first and eventually we'll need to arrange an engineer visit with you to complete the installation of your phone line.

Once this is done, we'll place your fibre broadband order which typically takes 5 working days to complete, but can be delayed occasionally depending on engineer availability.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free post back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Charlie3

OK thanks.

I received an email from Plusnet support which says "In the mean time please contact BT and ask them to complete an ORDI request at your second property to rectify the address mis-match issue."

I searched for how to do this and it seems only an ISP can ask Openreach to complete an ORDI request. Is this true, if not how do I go about contacting Openreach to request this?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem.

Unfortunately only the current provider of the line can submit an ORDI(OpenReach Data Integrity) and as there is no current provider there's not much we can do. It may be worth mentioning it to your potential future neighbour.

To resolve this for you we'll progress the order as a new line installation and we'll update you when we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet