cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone and broadband switch on different dates

ameliabrereton2

Phone and broadband switch on different dates

My service with TalkTalk ended today and my phone service is due to start with Plusnet today. However the date for my Plusnet broadband to start is tomorrow. TalkTalk seem to have cut me off some time today, so now I'm left with no internet in the meantime. I expected to switch with minimal loss of service - is it normal to have a day without broadband and/or for phone and internet to start on different days?
3 REPLIES 3
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Phone and broadband switch on different dates

When I switched from BT to PN some four years ago I was told by PN that the migration of the phoneline would take place on one day and the broadband the next day.  What actually happened was the opposite.  However, in either case you should only lose your phone/broadband service for a very short time as the switchover happens.

I understand TalkTalk is an LLU ISP which might make the migration process slightly more complex.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @ameliabrereton2, I have contacted our suppliers and have been informed your order should be complete by midnight tonight. I have provided more info on a ticket here for you, I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team