cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone and broadband live today but no router

gemuk83
Dabbler

Phone and broadband live today but no router

So today is the day my broadband goes live and my router only got sent out yesterday and can take 3-5 days to arrive. Which smart person thought that was a good idea? So now I have no internet and two kids at home self isolating meant to be doing school work and can't. Had small hopes of it turning up today but the postman has now been and gone. Not a good start at all!
10 REPLIES 10
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Phone and broadband live today but no router

@gemuk83 I see from your earlier posts that you previously had a PlusNet connection, do you still have the old router ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gemuk83
Dabbler

Pretty sure I don't. Would that work if I can find it?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, you were on Fibre before so it would have been a Hub one which will work on both Fibre and normal broadband so it doesn't matter what you're on now, although I assume it's Fibre ?. You would need to login to it and change the username & passord but that's all.

Who was your previous ISP, it MAY be possible to use their router.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gemuk83
Dabbler

Ok, thanks. I'll have a look for it. Previous was Now TV. How do I login and change the username and password?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Unfortunately I think the Now TV router is locked to SKy/Now tv.

To change the username/passord on the PN Hub one, just connect to the router, login to the gui ( the default login/password is on the card in the slot on the bakc of the router). Go to advanced settings, broadband and change the broadband username to <youraccountname>@plusdsl.net and the password you will have been sent in the welcome email.

gemuk83
Dabbler

Thank you. I found the old one and it's working now.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Great result. Now you just need to get the kids to use it to do their homework rather than whatsapp or youtube!😄

gemuk83
Dabbler

Haha I can try!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I'm glad in some ways that the Internet wasnt around when my kids were growing up🙂

richardreast71

Our team win awards for how helpful they are. Talk to them today and see why. Good luck with that