cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone and Fibre being installed 10/01/19, New build, Master socket?

r1ch

Phone and Fibre being installed 10/01/19, New build, Master socket?

Hello,

I am due to have my phone line and fibre extra broadband installed on the 10/01/19.

The property is a 3 floor new build with no current active phone line.

The master socket (direct from outside into the building at least, not the faceplate) is just inside the front door in a hallway and then there are various extensions already wired in most rooms. I would like the hub to be plugged in to the lower ground floor (initial connection is on the ground floor) as I use it for work and need a wired connection.

Will the engineer be ok with installing the Master Faceplate in the LGF? Or is there a problem with this? 

I did read something about it being possible that the initial line may have the master faceplate socket but then then having a 'broadband' friendly socket installed in the LGF where I need the hub?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: Phone and Fibre being installed 10/01/19, New build, Master socket?

Welcome to the forum.

What you mean by master socket (not the faceplate) is confusing. Can you post photos of the sockets on each floor?

If you have a master socket then all the extensions should be wired to the master socket faceplate.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @r1ch,

Thanks for getting in touch.

There is a charge of £160 from BT to have the Master Socket/Faceplate moving.

If you are wanting more information on this, I would advise to call our Provisioning team. They can be contacted on: 0800 328 4622 and their opening hours are as follows:

Monday to Friday: 9am to 9pm

Saturday: 9am to 5:30pm

Sunday: Closed

Please get in touch if you require any further assistance.

Regards,

Aisha

r1ch

Sorry I wasn't clear.

Basically in the house at the moment as there has been no previous phone line it is all wired in and the 'initial' socket is in the hallway but it is just a simple phone connector socket (Generic not BT) and there are these same sockets in several rooms of the house (including downstairs where I want the hub to be plugged into).

I was hoping I would be able to specify the lower ground floor to be the master socket but I am assuming they will just do it to the first point of entry socket in the house.

£160 is steep, I am hoping they may be able to use the data extension kit to get it for downstairs but we will see.

Thanks for the replies.

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

I would advise to speak with the engineer on the day he or she is there as they will be able to advise further on what they can do with the socket.

I would also suggest calling our Provisioning Team to see if they can provide you with any other information.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you,

Aisha