cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone and Broadband activated.....not on my line its not.

FIXED
Kaye
Hooked

Phone and Broadband activated.....not on my line its not.

Hi, I've just moved to plusnet and today was my activation day. I have a new phone number and I was informed a few hours ago that the engineer has connected my phone line and broadband and I should be up and running so I plugged my new hub in and waited for the blue light. It didn't come, I got an orange light. I checked my phone and I have a dial tone. I phone my mobile from my landline and realised it is still my old landline number. How strange I thought so I phoned my brand new plusnet number and its ringing away but not on my line. I plugged my old router back in and realised that my broadband is still connected to my old ISP with my old speeds instead of the new faster speeds I'm suppose to get with plusnet.

So at this point I can see that my plusnet account has been activated as the phone number now rings however I have no clue where it's been connected to as it isn't my phone line as my phone line has not been touched. I can only assume the engineer has connected someone else with my order?

I will soon be phoning customer support though I'm thinking there may not be much point until after midnight tonight as they will likely just tell me to wait but unless the engineer told them the job was done a few hours ago but is still yet to do it which is pretty unlikely I would think then I can't see anything changing at this point. Has this happened to anyone else before?

9 REPLIES 9
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Phone and Broadband activated.....not on my line its not.

Hi @Kaye and welcome to the forums.

I think I've located the problem, could you please reset your router by inserting a pin into the little hole and let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Kaye
Hooked

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me. I've done as you said but no difference what so ever. I knew it wouldn't as my phone line has not been touched. I'm still on my old phone number and still connected to my old ISP. When I connect the plusnet hub I'm getting an orange light which means its connected but its not authenticating with yourselves though my account is activated and you have even tried to sort that on your end which I thank you for.

This is happening because the hub is connecting to my old ISP broadband but obviously it can't authenticate with them so I can't get online. When I plug my old router back in with my authentication details from my old ISP I'm back online which proves I am still connected to my old ISP and not yourselves like I am suppose to be now. I'm positive that the engineer has not connected my physical line to you so the plusnet hub has no physical way of connecting to you so nothing you do at your end is going to help. Thankfully my old ISP has yet to cut me off but not sure how long that will last.

I will need to have an engineer come out and sort this no doubt. Thank you for trying though. Smiley

JonoH
Hero

Hi @Kaye, Your move to us has completed however it looks like there's a fault that our suppliers need to deal with. I've raised it and as it's on the network and not at your premises it doesn't require you to be in.

I've updated your account with a ticket that we will keep updated but we're hoping that this will be fixed for you in the next couple of days.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jono H
Kaye
Hooked

Thank you for that, good to know you're now on the case. Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fingers crossed for a speedy fix!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kaye
Hooked

Well I've had no change so far though I've woken to find my old ISP has now disabled my broadband account so I can't access the internet anymore through my old router. I'm having to use my mobile data to send this. My phone line still has not been touched though as I just checked, it is still my old phone number when I phone it and not the number you have given me. PlusNet hub is connected up and switched on but still with the orange light.

Hoping for some updates today.

JonoH
Hero

Fix

@Kaye wrote:

My phone line still has not been touched though as I just checked, 

Our suppliers have estimated that it will be fixed today, as soon as we have any information we'll let you know. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Jono H
Kaye
Hooked

All has been sorted. Engineer came out to me today and got it all running. Was as I said, the wrong line was being connected. Once he realised this he had it sorted in no time and everything is now up and running. Many thanks to the PlusNet help staff who got this sorted out for me. Smiley

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Great to hear it Kaye, thanks for taking the time to post back and let us know it's resolved.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.