cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone and ADSL switched today, but no Internet

bblx19081
Dabbler

Phone and ADSL switched today, but no Internet

My voice phone line is working and my router/modem has ADSL signal (it's synced), PPPoA user name is the portal user name followed by @plusdsl.net , password is the portal password, but PPP authentication keeps failing. Please help.

10 REPLIES 10
bblx19081
Dabbler

Re: Phone and ADSL switched today, but no Internet

The problem is fixed now, the broadband started working soon after I started this thread, and I've just received an email from PlusNet saying the broadband switch is complete.

I'd like to turn off Interleaving for my ADSL connection, do I need to raise a ticket to do that or is it enough to mention it here?

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @bblx19081 and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm happy to hear your broadband service is now up and running! During the first 10 days of your service your connection will be undergoing the training period where the signal to noise ratio, interleaving and other automated line management settings will adjust in finding the most stable fastest settings for you line. This meaning that I'm afraid if we were to adjust your line settings at the moment they very well could adjust straight back during this more active 10 day period at the start of your service.
I'd advise then, if you see any settings on your line after the 10 day mark then to please drop us another message and we'll happily make manual tweaks where needed.

bblx19081
Dabbler

Hi @BD , thanks for the information. I was under the impression that Interleaving could be permanently set so that it would override DLM, if so, I would like to turn off Interleaving permanently and let DLM adjust other settings.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @bblx19081,

The training period would override any manual settings we change during the 10 day training period. As a side note interleaving could not be stopped if DLM kicks in and recognises' that it would help with stabilising the connection.

Give is a nudge here should you need notice anything untoward happening after the 10 day period has completed.

Thanks.

bblx19081
Dabbler

Hi @Mads ,

Thanks for the reply. It's mentioned in another thread below that Interleaving could be permanently switched off which would prevent DLM override. Does it only apply to DLM after the 10 day training period? What would happen if DLM kicks in again (e.g. due to frequent router change, power cut etc) after 10 days? Would it turn on Interleaving if it recognizes it's necessary? What I want to do is turn Interleaving off in all circumstances, I don't mind having higher SNR (reduced sync speed) or a less stable line.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Broadband-and-phone-to-be-switched-on-different-dates/m-p/166...

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @bblx19081,

Interleaving is already switched off on your line. The INP 0 indications on your profile below show this.

WBC 160K - 24M No delay (INP 0) 6dB Downstream, UC No delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

On an ADSL connection DLM can kick in at any point it's deemed necessary, even if it's turned off via an order. This is often done automatically to try and stabilise the line during periods of issues that might occur, and the SNR fluctuates as part of that. 

At the moment interleaving is off, and if your connection remains stable should remain in this state.

bblx19081
Dabbler

Hi @JOLO ,

Thanks for looking into this. As you pointed out that DLM can always override manual settings, does this mean that I need to monitor my line myself and whenever DLM turns on Interleaving I need to raise a request to turn it off? Is there a way to permanently turn Interleaving off? Is turning off DLM an option?

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @bblx19081,

We can turn off DLM for an ADSL line but I need to make you aware that you will have nothing managing your line which means that if your line becomes unstable, you will need to contact us to change the SNR manually.

Let us know what you want us to do.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
bblx19081
Dabbler

Hi @Beyhive 

Thanks for the reply.

It's good to know that it is possible to permanently turn off Interleaving. I'll leave DLM as is until it turns on Interleaving then I'll raise a request to turn it off permanently.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

You're welcome @bblx19081,

Let us know if anything changes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team