cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone & Broadband set up missed go live date with no updates

Manners
Hooked

Phone & Broadband set up missed go live date with no updates

My phone & broadband were due to go live on 24 Jan and on that date my previous provider stopped providing service. I've heard nothing from plusnet to let me know there is a delay, but have no dial tone and no internet.

I called customer services, where I was forwarded on to the provisioning department but the line went dead. Calling back, after a 60 minute wait I was told that it was being looked into and that you'd call back. I've heard nothing since. I've tried online chat but it's buggy and seems to never connect.

I know things can go wrong in set up but it's the lack of communication that's really frustrating. I've paid up front for a year's service and have had nothing to date. Given the marketing around "we'll do you proud" and stressing the importance of customer service I expected better.

It would be great if I could get an update on my order and that I'm kept in the loop on when it'll go live. Not having the internet isn't ideal, and if it's going to take much longer I'd like to know how to request a refund
11 REPLIES 11
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Phone & Broadband set up missed go live date with no updates

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to My Order.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
LM16T
Dabbler

You won't hear anything but excuses. My go live date didn't materialise on 25th January. Never pay upfront, if something is too good to be true, don't touch it with a bargepole. I'm glad I cancelled my direct debit after reading some horror stories.
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Mannersdelayed

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear that you have been waiting for an update.
I have contacted our suppliers and responded via a ticket on your account with further detail on your issue. You can view these details here
If you have any questions feel free to get in touch

Manners
Hooked

Hi,

I've replied on the ticket but thought I'd post here as well. I still (11 days from my go live date) have no internet or phone line. Another engineer visit date has come and gone with no fix and no update. After calling I was told I'd get a call back, which never materialised. What is going on? Why is this proving so hard and why do I feel I need to fight tooth and nail to get the service I paid for?

I'm also paying for other online services at home and these expenses don't stop whilst you're unable to get me online. I'm unable to work from home without one. How are you going to make this right?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Manners, I understand we advised of an expected response time of 05/02/19 23:59:59 from our suppliers, it looks like we received a response from our suppliers a couple of hours ago, so I've responded via the ticket on your account regarding this.

If you could drop us a message back here once you've responded with the requested information via the ticket, we'll get that booked in as soon as possible for you.

EDIT: End of my post was cut off, edited to finish the end of the post.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Manners
Hooked

I've responded on the ticket. Effectively this is the second engineer visit that's been arranged and I have no idea what they've done. Did open reach confirm exactly what they've done so far? Given that the day before my switch to plusnet I had perfectly working phone and broadband with Now TV I really doubt the problem is in my property.

I really don't think I can trust plusnet to get me online, given the amount of back and forth that has happened so far with no solution. There are only so many times I can follow up on various channels to get this sorted before I lose patience.

Please just refund my line rental and I'll get service elsewhere
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm afraid we can't take cancellation requests via the community forums.

Looking at the account, you do not appear to have responded to the ticket since I responded earlier.

While I appreciate faults can be frustrating, our suppliers have investigated external to the property and are now asking us to book an appointment, please can you respond to the ticket so we can proceed with this.

If you would prefer to cancel instead of proceeding with the fault investigation, to work towards a resolution, I'd have to request you give our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632, however early termination would likely be applicable if not proceeding with the fault investigation an exhausting this to try and resolve the issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Manners
Hooked

You'd charge early termination fees in this case???

I've gone 11 days without internet. On at least 2 occasions I've waited on the line for support for over an hour. Twice I've been told to wait for a callback that never came. I still have no idea if you'll be able to get me online and how long it'll take.

It doesn't really feel line you've been holding up your side of the contract to me.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If orders are complete and a fault report has been raised but we're prevented from booking an engineer visit to the property, it's likely that early termination fees would be applicable if cancelling instead of allowing an engineer visit to take place to try and resolve the reported issue.

I do sincerely apologise if you've not received a callback from someone, and I'm happy to pass feedback on regarding an advisor if they've not followed that up as they've advised you, however in regards to the fault report an engineer would need access to the property to investigate the reported problems further at this stage.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Manners
Hooked

An update from me, I managed to call and cancel my service as it wasn't possible to get a stable connection from plusnet and thankfully another provider had me online again within 48 hrs of moving over.

However I'm still (2 weeks after cancellation) waiting on plusnet to refund me. Can someone from plusnet please look at this? There is a ticket open where it was confirmed I would receive a refund by the end of last week, which didn't happen. I just want this to be sorted, this process has been incredibly stressful at every stage and I just want my refund so I can move on.
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @Manners, thanks for getting back in touch,

I do apologise for the issues you have had and for the length of time it's taken to receive your refund. I can see the support ticket on the account here has recently been updated with fuirther information.

Let us know if you need anything else

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team