cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone active but no broadband or router

FIXED
stevenshaw

Phone active but no broadband or router

Hello, I received an email this morning to say my home phone is ready to use but I don't seem to have broadband and I haven't received a router (I'm currently using a TalkTalk HG633). The order status for the router shows "hardware dispatch pending" and for the broadband is at "checking your line".

5 REPLIES 5
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Phone active but no broadband or router

Regarding the broadband - you should get another message to say this is now live too

Regarding the router no show - I had a similar issue, it might be quicker to call them to see if it has actually been posted or not. If it hasn't hopefully they'll rush one out now so you get it tomorrow.

Having said that, a member of the Plusnet staff may see your post and reply here.....

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @stevenshaw

I've been looking into your account, The fibre order we placed with our suppliers is due to complete and go live today.

However, it appears the order hasn't progressed through the systems as it should have done, which also explains why your router wasn't ordered automatically.

I'm really sorry about this. I've manually ordered your router now and I've raised a ticket with our Provisioning team to investigate this for you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Just an update @stevenshaw

Seems that my colleague that sent you the email/text that your orders were complete, was a bit mis advised. As I said earlier, they should complete today but appear to not be progressing through the BT wholesale systems.

I've made him aware, so he is keeping a tab on your account and he will review this tomorrow morning if your service isn't active by then.

Once again apologies for the issues.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
stevenshaw

There seems to be some progress, my HG633 is now using VDSL and I've set it up with my connection details. It looks like the login details aren't being accepted which I assume is because the service isn't active yet.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fix

Quite possibly. Happy to hear that you've progress.

If you're not yet online by tomorrow morning I'll check things out first thing for you.

Just checking on your account, @stevenshaw

The order has indeed completed and I've just activated your account. You should be able to authenticate with your login details now.