cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for 2 Broadband services Because Plusnet didn't cancel my old provider

Martincun

Paying for 2 Broadband services Because Plusnet didn't cancel my old provider

£70 out of pocket because Plusnet failed to notify talktalk that they were taking over the line. Router was 3 days late, had no internet for these 3 days. Crappy service!

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Paying for 2 Broadband services Because Plusnet didn't cancel my old provider

@Martincun 

How do you know the failure to cancel is the fault of Plusnet and not Talktalk? 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Martincun

Re: Paying for 2 Broadband services Because Plusnet didn't cancel my old provider

Spoken to both. Talktalk were never contacted by Plusnet

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Martincun 

I'm confused - if your intternet went down for 3 days then surely TalkTalk knew your account was being transferred as they stopped providing a service.

Brian

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

If it was an LLU Talk talk connection then I thought that Talk talk had to do the disconnection from their equipment, then Openreach had to make the new one?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello  @Martincun

Thank you for reaching out on our online Community Forum and I'm really sorry for the issues that have been caused at the start of your contract with ourselves.
In service with TalkTalk, we didn't inform them that we're taking over the line as you have two lines registered at your property. At the point of sign up, you had a stopped line, which we restarted, and a working line - with TalkTalk.
In order to avoid a process known as "slamming" - taking over a working line without the end user's consent, we restarted the stopped line at your property.
Had we placed an order on the working line, your previous provider will have contacted you to make you aware of this. I can see that TalkTalk are now ceasing the line on 06/12/2021.
While in the account, I've also processed a downtime refund for the broadband service that you were not able to use for three days due to the late arrival of your router.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Martincun

Hi Adam, 

That doesn't make much sense to me. 

My line went down when you took over the line, so it didn't prevent "slamming" it just cost me £70 because you failed to notify my old provider that you were taking over the line. 

Where in the switching process did I ask you to take over the line like you did? surely the default process would be to take over the line from the old provider, or if not make the customer aware that you're going to keep two active lines running. 

Also £0.38 hardly covers not having internet for 3 days

Martin

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @Martincun

Apologies if my previous response wasn't clear, I'll try again.

1. At the point of sign up, you had a working line with your current provider, as well as a stopped line which was not in use.

2. To prevent taking over your existing line without your consent, we instead restarted the stopped line at your property, meaning you'll now have two active services, one with us, and the other with your existing provider. This means you'll be paying for both ours, and your other provider's services simultaneously, and it'd be your responsibility to cancel your services with your existing provider.

I'll pop a photo onto this post which shows the current line status at your address. I've removed the line ID and telephone numbers, but it does show two active lines at your address. Your other provider's line is due to be stopped on 06/12/2021. The MPF line is the one with your other provider.

Capture.PNG

Adam
Martincun

Hi Adam, 

I understand what you're saying. 

But, 

1) It didn't prevent slamming, why? what was the point of putting your service on the other line. 

2) I didn't know I had another active line into the property, It would have been nice if Plusnet contacted me regarding this, as you say you're aware that I would then be paying for two line simultaneously. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I do understand your second point there, though again, we automatically place our orders on the spare line at the property to prevent slamming an active line. Also,m we did prevent your line being slammed, aqs we didn't take over your current line. I can't be sure as to why they've stopped providing a service at your address as it's not our line, though as you can see from the photo above, it remains active on Openreach's side.

Adam